Get new similar jobs by email for
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer
One of the most experienced, talented, innovative, knowledgeable and full-time off-road mobile equipment Engineering Services companies in the country is seeking another outstanding
Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer capable of taking design responsibility for projects of all sizes from single component to complete machine design. This team of engineers, structural analysts, designers and drafters have a talent level unseen in the design of mobile equipment. They are highly flexible, motivated, innovative, and can tackle any challenge that our customers face
Major job duties:
· Design new and innovative mechanical design concepts of machinery and components from concept to complete prototype test and launch.
· These design projects rely on a systems design approach and would be heavy structural assemblies, subweldments, machined parts, piece parts, castings, hydraulic systems, electrical systems, and sheet metal.
· Specify and define components and systems for mobile equipment. These could range from simple gear systems through entire axle/transmission assemblies or whole machines
· Assist our clients with rapidly finding solutions to focused areas of concern
· Lead and mentor junior engineers through the design and development of their projects
· Lead cross-functional design teams through the design and development of projects
· Must have a BSME with 15+ years of hands on mechanical systems design experience.
· Demonstrated design skills through past projects via assembly layouts, well documented hand calculations, finite element analysis, etc.
· Customer centric attitude and exhibits boundaryless behavior
· Demonstrated planning skills for design, analysis, build and testing of product and subsystems.
· In-depth fluency in one 3D CAD software system (Pro-E, Inventor, or Solidworks)
· Work with designers and technicians to develop creative solutions to difficult problems.
· Finite Element Analysis experience is preferred, especially ANSYS modeling and analysis
· Build group commitments to goals.
· Good oral/written communication skills.
· Effective time management skills.
· Strong commitment to on time or earlier delivery.
· Ability to work cross functionally to understand and properly evaluate design trade offs.
· Ability to lead cross functional design reviews.
· Strong process development skills and committed to using and improving existing processes.
· Must be computer literate in word processing, Excel spreadsheets, and Powerpoint presentations as a minimum requirement.
· A working knowledge of multiple CAD systems is desirable.
· Practical, hands-on experiences within manufacturing or allied industries
· Ideal candidate will be someone seeking new and varied technical challenges.
· Experience with design of powertrain and engine installation, would be most helpful.
· Ability to work with designs of hydraulic or electrical systems
· System design approach of heavy equipment
This will be a challenging and rewarding opportunity. Universal Engineering offers a competitive compensation package complete with benefits such as medical, dental, 401(k), etc