Clinical Careers at UnitedHealth Group. The days when people only connected with health care when they were sick are over. Today, we're leading the health care revolution with a growing array of proactive, holistic tools and resources to encourage total well-being for millions of our customers. our integration model and network of over 80,000 providers allows us to affect meaningful change on a huge scale, and positions us well ahead of our competitors. We're going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. We're inventing the future of health care. Join us. Change your life by doing your life's best work.℠
Senior Medical Coding Specialist- Elkridge, MD
Talk about meaningful work. Talk about an important role. Let's talk about your next career move. Due to our expanding business, UnitedHealth Group is seeking Medical Coding Specialist who share our passion for helping people live healthier lives to join our team. It's an inspiring role and it can inspire your career. For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. Find out more about these opportunities to do your life's best work.(SM)
We are hiring Senior Medical Coding Specialists at XLHealth, A United HealthCare Company. The positions are for our Elkridge, MD location.
This position is responsible for reviewing various medical records for ICD-9 Codes which captures a complete clinical profile for our members.
- Perform clinical chart reviews on Medical Records following coding guidelines and convention as established by the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS), American Hospital Association (AHA), and American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA)
- Determine valid encounters including legibility and valid signature requirements and identify valid face to face encounters
- Maintain production and quality standards
- Navigate through Chart Review tool
- Audit other Medical Coding Specialist and provide feedback
- 2+ years of coding experience
- Experience auditing coders and providing feedback
- Advanced knowledge of coding guidelines
- Basic understanding of Pathophysiology and Medical Terminology
- Experience coding either Physician or Hospital based charts
- Ability to manage and meet deadlines
- Effectively navigates telephony and technology
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Acrobat
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrates flexibility and ability to adjust to change
- Demonstrates follow-through on assignments
- Positive attitude, solution oriented
- Ability to receive and process performance feedback
- AAPC or AHIMA Certification preferred
- Risk Adjustment/HCC coding experience
- Experience coding both Physician and Hospital based charts
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 25, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Here, you will discover a culture that grows through challenge. That evolves by being flexible. That succeeds by staying true to our mission to make health care work effectively and efficiently for seniors. Put your best to work for us, and discover extraordinary opportunities for growth.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
Keywords: medical coding, AAPC, AHIMA, CPC, CCS, RHIT, RHIA, HCC, Risk Adjustment, Medicare, clinical, Elkridge, MD