Get new similar jobs by email for
Senior Member of Technical Sta...
Spirent is seeking a Senior Network Automation Engineer for its Professional Services organization. Automation will be in the areas of wireline and wireless network technologies for NEMs and SPs, and MCOs. The location will be in the TX, KS/MO, or IL areas.
Candidates for the position will have experience with automation system infrastructures, software language concepts, and operational knowledge of various types of networking equipment, networking protocols, and traffic generators. The candidate will have excellent client expectation management skills, the ability to verbally articulate automation concepts and network systems, and the capability to write proposals and detailed reports. The position requires technical problem solving during on-site, time critical situations.
The engineer will work with the Spirent Sales Team and our clients to write proposals that describe the scope of the automation engagement. The engineer will work with a project manager to outline the delivery plan for the automation development. The engineer will deliver the automation engagement at the client’s site and assist the project manager in communicating status with the client. The engineer will be attentive to identifying new opportunities. The engineer will work closely with the client to successfully finish the engagement.
Top candidates will have experience with the automation of functional and performance testing of wireline or wireless networks.
As a senior member of Spirent’s Professional Services Team, the engineer must rapidly establish themselves as an expert in multiple subject-matters, become a mentor to other engineers, and contribute to the shared resources of the automation team. Top candidates will have achieved this within other companies.
Excellent English communications skills are required, as are critical problem solving skills and an ability to remain focused to the task under client scrutiny.
Travel to client sites is anticipated to be up to 50%.
· Leverage your customers communication skills and networking and software development expertise, to determine the client's automation requirements, and design those requirements into technical solutions for automation systems
· Act as the primary engineer for defining and developing automated testing solutions (e.g., requirements definition, engagement management, and post project review)
· Conduct delivery engagement activities such as test automation infrastructure design, installation configuration and customization, custom test script and software integration development, test execution, and the generation of thorough documentation and reports
· Code, unit test, and system test automated solutions for in-depth testing of networking products, services, and technologies (i.e. L2-L7 Switching and Routing, Security, Visualization, LTE/Wireless, etc.)
· Serve as a consultant and resource in the areas of Spirent's automation technologies (iTest, iLO, iPlay) as well as product APIs, scripting languages, and software applications
· Lead teammates as you share your expertise in the areas of automation, test plan development and execution, TCP/IP, routing protocols, MPLS, network test methodologies, and traffic generation
· Become an expert in test methodologies, assisting both internal and external customers test method development, execution, and analysis. Subject areas would include L2-L7, Switching and Routing, Security, Virtualization, LTE/Wireless, etc.
· Maintain technical proficiency on Spirent platforms, software, and APIs. These include Spirent's automation products (iTest, iLO, iPlay) and Spirent's Traffic Generation products (Test Center, Avalanche, Landslide, etc.) More information on these products can be found at http://www.spirent.com/
· Provide weekly status reports to management
· Travel up to 50% to client sites
· Bachelor's degree within technical discipline and 8 years of related experience. Computer Science or Electrical Engineering degrees are preferred. Cisco certifications are a plus (CCNA, CCNP, CCSP, CCIE)
· Extensive network test automation experience and awareness of automation tools and methods. Software development experience is a plus
· Operating Systems: Windows, Linux/Unix, Mac OS X
· Programming Languages such as C++, Java is required. Scripting languages such as Perl, Python, Ruby and Tcl/Tk is preferred
· Operational knowledge of networking (wireline or wireless) concepts and technologies
· Operational knowledge of network equipment: switches, routers, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, intrusion prevention systems, caches, server load balancers, VPNs, SSL-VPNs, file servers, Web servers, and database servers
· Systems troubleshooting skills
· Excellent English verbal and proven written communication skills
· Knowledge of automation tools such as iTest, iLO, iPlay or equivalent is preferred
· Knowledge of code repositories (such as SVN), Databases (such as MySQL), and IT business processes (Jenkins) are preferred
· Knowledge of traffic generation tools such as TestCenter, Avalanche, Landslide or equivalent is preferred
· Knowledge of switching and routing protocols, (Ethernet, POS), MPLS (RSVP, LDP) IP and IP routing protocols (IPv4, IPv6, BGP, OSPF, etc.), TCP/IP, application layer and network security (HTTP, SSL, FTP, SMTP, POP3, DNS, IPSec, etc.) are all preferred
· Knowledge of LTE and wireless disciplines is preferred
· Virtual Server Admin (VMWare, ESXI) is preferred
· SDN and NFV control is preferred
· Proven proposal and client expectation management skills and network troubleshooting skills are preferred
Spirent Communications – Inspiring Innovation – Enriching Life
Spirent Communications is where the world’s leading communications companies turn when they need to accelerate their time-to-market for next-generation communication systems. In fact, every significant industry test in the last six years has used Spirent's test systems as the benchmark. We are continually recognized by customers, industry, press, and technology associations for our innovative thinking and our ground-breaking products. The communications market has untapped potential. The boundaries of how fast, far, and accurately voice and data can be transmitted have yet to be reached, or even defined. Spirent solutions are paving the way for tomorrow’s communications.
The atmosphere at Spirent is innovative, creative, and technically challenging. We are always looking for new employees with exceptional abilities, vision, and commitment levels to join our team.
If you want to work with truly bright and motivated people—and be a part of an industry-leading company that's helping to revolutionize communications technologies—this is your opportunity. Our focus on employee satisfaction stems from a core belief that market-leading products start with one thing: market-leading people. At Spirent, we offer more than jobs, we offer unique career opportunities. We can do this because we are large enough to encompass a breadth of possibilities, while being small enough for you to be noticed and recognized. Are you innovative enough to work at Spirent?
Apply directly at:
Spirent Communications | North American Recruitment
Recruiter: Tracy Ann James
Linked In: www.linkedin.com/in/tracyannjames
Join the Spirent Team!