Get new similar jobs by email for
Senior Network Engineer
Virtela (www.virtela.net) is the world’s largest independent managed network, security, and cloud services company. Virtela offers an award-winning suite of services – including managed networks, security, application acceleration, and IT infrastructure management – to market-leading companies around the world, such as Kraft, Honeywell, HanesBrands, Paramount Pictures, Red Hat and IBM.
The company is known for its outstanding service innovations and customer support, which have been recognized by more than 50 awards in the last two years alone. Virtela offers unparalleled geographic reach to more than 190 countries through its partnership with more than 1,000 service providers. The company is headquartered in Denver, Colorado with globally distributed Network Operations Centers in the U.S., India, and the Philippines.
Virtela offers an attractive compensation and competitive benefits packages ranging from health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401(K) with employer match, flexible spending accounts, health savings account, as well as company paid holidays and generous paid time off.
Job Title : Senior Network Engineer / Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert
· Responsible for the overall management of large Enterprise network including the planning, design, 24×7 management, and coordination of the corporate LAN/WAN. Manage network security and policies. Additional experience with ASA/firewall & VPN technology, wireless.
· Operate and maintain enterprise network Prepare, configure, and manage routers and switches for deployment to a local or a remote site; Troubleshoot and remedy enterprise network problems; Research and recommend network optimization; Design and implement enterprise networks; Perform network equipment software and configuration upgrades. Ability to train other engineers on specific technologies.
· Analysis, design, testing, documentation, implementation/configuration and support of WAN/LAN/MAN and converged network technologies.
· Perform network architecture reviews and develop detailed engineering design and deployment plans.
· Day to day monitoring and performance and tuning of the WAN and LAN functionality.
· Experience in local and wide area networking, communications, within a multi-platform network environment. Knowledge of: LAN/WAN; VLANs, VoIP, RIP, OSPF, AAA/TACACS, EIGRP, and Cisco ACLs
· Cisco Certification – CCNA or CCNP or CCIE or CCVP
· Technical B.S. degree required or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education, experience and certifications..
· Extensive knowledge of IP networking and applications running over networks
· Hands-on network & application troubleshooting experience
· Experience with routing protocols (RIP, OSPF, BGP)
· Understanding of how Telecommunication Service Providers install, test, and troubleshoot circuits; excellent computer skills including WIN2k and Unix.
· World-class skills in interfacing with customers and is willingness to go the “extra-mile” to assist them.
· Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, to include resources, priorities, and timelines.
Technical Recruiter – HR Team
Virtela Technology Services Incorporated
5680 Greenwood Plaza Blvd., Suite 200
Greenwood Village, Co 80111