Get new similar jobs by email for
Senior Portfolio Manager
About our Firm:
Prestige Wealth Management Group, one of the top independent wealth management firms in the country, provides customized planning solutions and a first-class experience to high net worth individuals, families and business executives. PWMG is a frequent recipient of industry accolades including recent appearances in Barron’s "The Top 1000 Advisors", Registered Rep's "Top 100 Independent Advisors in America" and Goldline Research's "Top 10 Wealth Manager’s in America". We are proud of our achievements in becoming a leading independent financial planning and wealth management firm and strive to consistently improve our team. Our wealth management division manages over 600 million dollars of assets in fee based and brokerage based accounts for more than 450 clients.
About the job:
The Senior Portfolio Manager will develop the investment, risk management, and maximization of portfolio returns through risk adjustment and the implementation of third-party trading and monitoring of systems. Critical to the position is the communication of research and recommendations to the Investment Policy Committee which is chartered with influencing our clients’ lives in a positive way as stated in the company’s Strategic Objective.
· For prospective clients, prepare a portfolio comparison of our recommended portfolio to their current portfolio.
· Review client portfolios and provide written recommendations, comments and insights for advisors to use in client meetings.
· Develop individual stock, bond, mutual fund and ETF screening and selection criteria.
· Prepare an individual security and mutual fund analysis. Review performance in our mutual fund portfolios on a monthly basis. Recommend changes as needed as a result of underperformance, fund management, size of fund, cash outflows, etc.
· Review our portfolio allocation models monthly and determine if any tactical changes (e.g. add a new asset class, delete an asset class, or change the percentage in an asset class, etc.) should be made.
· Review ongoing economic outlook from relevant economists and strategists and develop a global outlook for the firm. Develop strategies that can add alpha and/or reduce risk based on discussions and literature from top economists and strategists. Lead in the implementation of new investment platforms, ideas and concepts.
· Meet with both current and prospective investment wholesalers to discuss current holdings and prospective holdings.
Experience and Skills:
· 5+ years of experience in asset allocation/portfolio management.
· Presentation and interpersonal skills needed to successfully interact with financial professionals and other associates.
· Analytical, enthusiastic, high-energy, hard-working, self-motivated and disciplined, dependable, organized, client satisfaction oriented, warm, friendly, professional and ability to exercise good judgment.
· The ability to work effectively with and add value to a goal oriented team.
· CFA designation
· A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance and/or a related field.
· Series 7, 66
In addition to a competitive base salary, employees receive a substantial benefits package that includes: Comprehensive Health/Life/Disability Insurance, Health Club Membership and a 401(k)/Profit-Sharing Plan. We can offer you an exciting, fast-paced working environment, a culture of mutual respect, commitment to maintaining the highest ethical standards and the opportunity to play a vital role in our growth.
If you have the drive and self-motivation to become a great asset to our team, we would like to hear from you!