Get new similar jobs by email for
Senior Power Design Engineer
1. Design high power density & high frequency DC/DC and AC/DC power products between 10W to 5kW level. Design new analog/digital control solutions. Develop alternative power supply architectures.
2. Lead & supervise multi-layer PCB layout design.
3. Build, debug, test, & evaluate prototypes.
4. Develop test methods and train other engineers about the product. Write datasheets for new power units and systems.
5. Transfer technology to offshore manufacturing and develop methods for quality assurance.
1. Self-motivated, fast-learner, hands-on style with excellent people skills to be a part of highly talented, multi-disciplinary & multi-cultural engineering workforce.
2. 3+ years of power electronics design experience with multiple successful products.
3. Strong knowledge and experience of DC-DC converters.
4. Strong knowledge and experience of AC-DC converters.
5. Strong knowledge and experience of modern design techniques including Digital control, high frequency components and magnetics.
6. Strong knowledge and experience of multi-layer PCB layouts; soft switching & resonant topologies, EMC requirements, thermal packaging.
7. Strong knowledge and experience of. PSpice / MathCad / PCad software.
8. MS in Physics, Electrical Engineering, or related science field.
9. In lieu of MS +3, will accept BS in Physics, Electrical Engineering, or related science field + 5 yrs exp in above-mentioned competencies.