Get new similar jobs by email for
Senior Programmer Analyst
Contractor to function as on-site development and support for system enhancements, upgrades and general support issues. Assess opportunities for continuous improvement and efficient usage of system functionality to support business changes. Support the “GO-TO” employee for all B2B/B2C related integration projects.
· Develop, support and maintain RPG-based systems and applications
· Develop, support and maintain EDI retail & warehousing related transaction sets including integration with Order Processing and Inventory management systems
· Maintain application service levels to optimize application system efficiencies.
· Responsible for the software architecture, design, and development for application systems.
· Document computer design specifications and detailed program specifications.
· Participate in the development of application best practices.
· Work with the IT group on enterprise-wide initiatives involving B2B/B2C initiatives
· Effectively communicate with associates, teammates and management.
· Must be an excellent communicator (both verbal and written) that is motivated, resourceful, shows initiative and is driven to deliver customer satisfaction
· Must be able to work in a high pressure environment and have strong organizational skills
· BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
· Min. 6 years of experience in ER, Retail or Manufacturing or Warehouse Management environment.
· Min. 6 years development experience IBM AS400 RPGIII / RPG IV and CLP programming, DB2 & iseries related toolsets
· Knowledge of EDI processing standards, VAN’s, communication methods, and general industry standards for EDI-based transactions
· Must have experience with SDLC and be able to work hands-on with all elements of the development lifecycle
· Knowledge of windows-based platforms, ETL tools and applications
· T-SQL, SQL Server Integration (SSIS) is a plus