Get new similar jobs by email for
Senior Software Test Analyst
About InsPro Technologies
InsPro Technologies is a leading policy administration company serving North American Life, Health, Group/Voluntary and Annuity carriers. Experiencing dynamic and sustained growth over the last eighteen months, InsPro is expanding its professional team, and is seeking accomplished, self-starting individuals eager to excel in a hands-on, can-do culture.
We serve some of the country’s leading carriers, affinity organizations, and third-party administrators. In addition to 4 of the Top Ten insurers on the Fortune 500 list, our clients include 3 of Ward’s Top Performing L&H Insurers, and the Top 5 carriers in the Medicare Supplemental and Long-Term Care markets. Recently named by Celent as an XCelent Award winner for North American Life Insurance Policy Administration Systems, we are also a Deloitte Technology Fast 500™ award winner for 2012 (ranked in the top quarter of all companies), and have been named to Software Magazine’s 2013 global Software 500 list of the top software companies in the world.
The Senior Software Test Analyst is responsible for the overall quality of the testing effort for the assigned scope. Key areas of responsibility include the analysis, design, implementation, execution and results analyses of functional tests. Using black-box techniques, the Senior Software Test Analyst will create effective test scenarios, test procedures and test cases. Leveraging risk-based analysis, they will work with other team members and stakeholders to develop test strategies that maximize the appropriateness and value of the testing effort. The Senior Software Test Analyst will also be responsible for ensuring that the causes of test failures have been determined and that such failures have been appropriately resolved.
The Senior Quality Analyst will provide mentoring and training to other personnel on market and product subject matters as needed. The Senior Quality Analyst will also work directly/indirectly with customers in order to inform and improve both InsPro’s and the customers’ test efforts.
Performing in a senior role, the candidate must demonstrate a deep understanding of, and subject matter expertise in, Life, Annuity and/or Health Insurance Policy Administration. The candidate must also demonstrate a firm understanding of risk-based analysis, functional test design, and quality metrics. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are also required.
· Lead and perform test analysis/design against complex system functionality by leveraging risk-based and black-box techniques.
· Lead and perform the evaluation of the results of test execution.
· Develop test strategies consisting of the types, techniques, tools and styles of testing appropriate to meet quality assessment needs.
· Assess and advocate for quality, including the timely communication of testing outcomes, product quality assessments, and recommendations to stakeholders.
· Create and maintain test scenarios, test procedures and test cases for use in test execution.
· Perform test execution when appropriate.
· Report test failures and manage resolution of failures to closure.
Skills and Knowledge
· Broad domain knowledge of Life, Annuity and/or Health Insurance Policy Administration.
· Excellent analytical skills, with an inquiring mind and strong attention to detail.
· Adept at creating and leveraging metrics to drive planning and decision making.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Broad knowledge of common software failures and faults, as well as their typical causes.
· HP Application Lifecycle Management / Quality Center.
· 7+ years overall software testing experience.
· 5+ years testing insurance policy administration systems.
· 5+ years leveraging black box testing techniques to develop test suites.
· 3+ years performing risk-based analysis for determining inclusion and prioritization of tests.
For immediate consideration, please email your resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, and indicate current and desired compensation.