Customer Service careers at UnitedHealth Group give you the opportunity to make a real difference helping people live healthier lives. As a trusted customer service representative of unitedHealth Group, your ability to listen, understand and solve problems will drive positive health outcomes for our members. you’ll be well supported with the latest tools, advanced training curriculum and the combined strength of a high caliber team. you’ll discover a wealth of pathways for professional growth within Customer Service and across our global company. you’ll also enjoy a healthy work/life balance. Learn more about why this is the place to do your life’s best work.℠
Senior Recovery -Resolutions Representative - Frederick, MD
is working to create the health care system of tomorrow and you can
help. Already Fortune 17, we are totally focused on innovation and
change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more
from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a
lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of
inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care
system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now
we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive,
brilliant and built for speed. Join with us and start doing your life's
- Provide expertise claims support by reviewing,
researching, investigating, negotiating and resolving all types of
claims as well as recovery and resolution for health plans, commercial
customers and government entities.
- Analyze and identify trends and provides reports as necessary
- Ensure adherence to state and federal compliance policies, reimbursement policies and contract compliance.
- Extensive work experience, possibly in multiple functions.
- Work does not usually require established procedures.
- Works independently.
- Mentors others.
- Acts as a resource for others.
- Coordinates others' activities.
- An education level of at least a high school diploma or GED OR 10 years of equivalent working experience
- 2+ years of claims or collections experience
- 1+ year of customer service experience analyzing and solving customer problems
- Experience working in the healthcare industry
- Proficiency with computer and Windows PC applications
- Call Center Experience
- Bachelors Degree
- Experience with negotiations
- Frequent speaking, listening using a headset, sitting, use of hands/fingers across keyboard or mouse, handling other objects, long periods working at a computer
- Service center environment with moderate noise level due to Representatives talking, computers, printers, and floor activity
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.