TITLE: SoftwareApplications Engineer/Developer
REPORTS TO:Sr. Systems Engineer
Great Basin Corporation is a privately held molecular diagnostics company that commercializes breakthrough chip-based technologies. The company is dedicated to the development of simple, yet powerful, sample-to-result technology and products that provide fast, multiple-pathogen diagnoses of infectious diseases. By providing more diagnostic data per sample, healthcare providers are able to treat patients with the right medication sooner, improving outcomes and reducing costs. The company’s vision is to make molecular diagnostic testing so simple and cost-effective that every patient will be tested for every serious infection, reducing misdiagnoses and significantly limiting the spread of diseases.
Lead the software development of diagnosticsystems fromarchitecture & design input, through to release, installation, and support phases. Orchestrate design efforts of the systems software group.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop innovative software solutions to enhance customer experience and expedite departmental throughputaligned to company goals.
- Debug,repair, modify, expand, anddeploy existing applications in accordance with FDA approved processes.
- Develop verification & validation protocols and sequences for new and updated software.
- Evaluate project feasibility through structured evaluation & analysis.
- Designsoftwareto predefined specifications, standards, and programming methods.
- Supportjunior software engineers throughmentoring and educational opportunities.
- Maintain/improve knowledge in state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing platforms.
Knowledge and skills:
- Familiarity with image processing and/or computer vision. Including but not limited to background reduction techniques and circle finding algorithms.
- Ability to develop and implementwell structured code with documentation to include flowcharts, layouts, block diagrams, charts, and comments.
- Experience in design and development of front-end user interfaces (UIs) while using multi-tiered development environments Visual Studio & LabVIEW.
- Knowledge of Altium Designer, I2C, SPI, JTAG, PCIe, Xilinx ISE & Vivado, A to D conversion, DSP, Windows Embedded Standard operating system.
- Excellent software development fundamentals.
- Knowledge of software/hardware integration
- Adhere to delivery dates and commitments with urgency.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work independently as well ascollaborate with engineering and production teams on a regular basis.
- Energetic work ethic.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor of Science (BSEE, BSCE) plus a minimum of 4 years of experience coding, testing, implementing and documenting FDA regulated applications.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Visual Studio C#, C, C++, WPF/WPC, .NET Frameworks 3.5 and higher, as well as NI LabVIEW and Windows Forms.