Mitchell International, Inc. is a leading provider of information and workflow solutions to the Property & Casualty Claims and Automotive Collision Repair industries. Founded in 1946, Mitchell has delivered advanced information and technology solutions to over 100,000 customers throughout North America, helping them to improve their business process performance. The company's comprehensive solution portfolio streamlines the entire auto physical damage, bodily injury and workers' compensation claims processes. Mitchell was recently named by the San Diego Business Journal as the No. 1 Software Company in San Diego, based on the number of full-time employees, which is approaching the 2,000 milestone. The company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including outstanding career growth opportunities and has been recognized as one of the Fastest Growing Companies in San Diego.
This is a dynamic software engineering opportunity where you will be focused on developing, designing, and testing complex web based applications. Development will be enhancements, new features, and maintenance, but over the long term will focus on leading new platform development and moving the team toward leading edge technologies. You will be focusing on an integration project using XML and web services interfaces in a scaled agile, test driven development environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs, analyzes, develops, codes, debugs, tests and documents programming to satisfy business requirements for large, complex projects.
- Work as part of a Scrum team to deliver technology solutions in an Agile fashion including but not limited to sprint planning, standup calls, and sprint retrospectives.
- Adheres to architecture standards, risk management and security policies.
- Deliver solutions on .Net and RDBMS based technologies
- Translate functional specifications into working software
- Assist in third level support of applications once delivered into Production.
- .Net engineers will focus on providing development for middle tier to back end utilizing various frameworks versions up to 4.5.
- Understand, define, and develop product requirements; providing development estimates as needed.
- Use test driven development and scaled agile methods to deliver products to client requirements.
- Write technical specifications and test plans as necessary; conduct and assist in unit and integration testing.
- Participate regularly in SCRUM activities and provide mentorship to junior members of the team.
- Conduct unit, load, performance, and integration testing.
- 5+ years of software engineer experience with Microsoft technology stack, including hands-on experience using C#, .NET framework 3.5, 4.0 and 4.5.
- Experience with Microsoft Entity Framework, WCF and MVC
- Experience developing web services (REST or SOAP) and XML
- Experience with Ajax, JQuery, JSON, AngularJS, XSLT, CSS, HTML5, and cross browser compatible development
- Experience with SOA principles and practices
- Experience in agile Scum development environment
- Experience with Test Driven Development, unit testing, and continuous deployment principals.
- Strong relational database experience including SQL server programming skills (stored procedures, queries)
- Technical people leadership is a nice to have
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative in a dynamic environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required
- B.S degree in Computer Science or related field, Masters degree preferred.
- Experience with Java, EDI and messaging technologies (MQSeries / MSMQ) highly preferred.