Job Title:Senior Software Engineer
Employee Type:Full Time Employee
Location:American Fork, UT
EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) is a premier global provider of satellite operations and video delivery solutions. EchoStar's wholly-owned subsidiary, Hughes, is the world's leading provider of satellite broadband services, delivering network technologies and managed services.
EchoStar is where innovators come to brainstorm, discover and share new ideas. All of our career paths can lead to remarkable journeys for passionate, driven people who are adaptable to change and inspired by challenge. We are adventurous thinkers who embrace opportunities to create new partnerships, enter emerging global markets, and help our customers grow their businesses through technology innovation.
Senior Software Engineer
Television is at an inflection point. New technologies and businesses are rapidly evolving and reshaping how we watch TV. We are Dish Digital, a pioneer in internet-delivered television, mobile access content, and web entertainment. We are seeking a qualified Software Engineer in American Fork, UT. This is an exciting position in a fast moving project that requires the ability of candidates to hit the ground running. What we’re building is revolutionary. We only hire rock stars and every employee participates in a profit sharing program. Come be a part of changing the face of TV!
- Design, development and maintain a DVR using new and existing technology
- This position is for a full stack engineer (Server, Client, API etc.)
- Will work all sides of a software engineering team
- At least one year developing software using C++
- Must be able to write C++ code, stone cold
- Must be able to write code, compile code and execute/debug code remotely
- Excellent communication skills necessary to be part of a highly collaborative software engineering team
- Fast learner that can dive in to just about any job and quickly contribute
- Professional pride in generating clean, reliable, easy to maintain code
- The ability to create clear, easy-to-read documentation in code and, as required, in associated end-user documentation
- A positive and proactive attitude toward finding solutions, meeting commitments, and assisting others, pitching in wherever is most needed
- Must be able to work within a cross functional team environment
- Medical, Health Savings Account, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible spending options and Employee Assistance Plan
- 401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Program
- Training Opportunities
- FREE DISH Network Satellite TV System and Programming
- FREE Hughes Network Service
- 40% Discounts on Sling technology and service
- Corporate discounts for retail and personal travel
- Opportunity for a level of responsibility that could take years to reach in other companies
EchoStar delivers innovative products and services that power global communication, commerce and entertainment. Through our market-leading Digital Broadcast Centers across North America, we operate one the world’s largest and most advanced digital broadcast networks, serving over 17 million end users every day. Our historical pioneering development of market solutions such as satellite spot-beam technology, end-to-end MPEG4 video delivery, placeshifting, whole home DVR sharing and VSAT data network management have consistently set new standards in the industry.
EchoStar provides a variety of benefits for all employees. In addition to health and wellness benefits that support a new era in healthcare management, we provide unique benefits including Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Stock Purchase, Discounted rates on HughesNet and Dish Network services, Slingbox discounts and much more.
For a complete list of benefits and specific company detail please visit www.echostar.com
EchoStar is an EEO employer (M/F/D/V)