Senior Software Engineer
Location: US – CO – Englewood
Every day, Imagine Communications is delivering billions of media moments all over the world — anywhere, anytime and on any device.
Imagine Communications delivers innovative, end-to-end media software and networking solutions to over 3,000 customers in more than 185 countries, including the top broadcast facilities and the most technologically advanced sports and live-event venues. Today, we’re driving an industry transformation by investing deeply in a new generation of media enabled by IP, virtualization, cloud infrastructure and software-defined networks.
At Imagine Communications, groundbreaking work is part of our everyday environment. All our employees play a vital role in our organization, helping the media industry enable instant access to moments that matter. Wherever your skills fit in our business — from engineering and sales to service and support — you’ll find you gain much more than just a job. At Imagine Communications, you’ll gain the opportunity to contribute to the transformation that’s taking place in the way the world is consuming media.
If you’re looking to join a market leader and take your career to the next level, contact us today!
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
The Software Design Engineer – senior developer has the primary responsibility for leading a team of globally disbursed software engineers in the design and coding of highly complex n-tier software product enhancements. In addition, the developer will need to participate in, review and validate the technical approach for medium to complex projects and programs. The position requires active involvement and collaboration with business analysts, developers and architects throughout the software development process. The position will work to maintain a deep understanding of the product’s capabilities and the business needs addressed by the product. Duties include:
- Preparation of software requirements and technical designs to be used by teams during construction
- Design, Coding, Testing and Documentation of highly complex modules
- Work with off-shore partner on technical design and development of complex, cross-functional, multi-platform products from a technical perspective.
- Organize and participate in walkthrough reviews of technical specifications
- Assess technology frameworks and assist in selecting tools to build software
- Review partner deliverables and assure technology requirements are met and standards adhered to
- Responsible for anticipating problems (technical, operational, process, organizational) and work with partner to identify and implement the best solution in a timely manner.
- Performance tuning activities related to software issues that are impacting system performance in user acceptance testing or production environments
- Work closely with enterprise architecture team to ensure development work is consistent with overall architectural vision of products.
- Assist development team in troubleshooting and stabilizing production issues.
- Act as a leader in the department; training and developing junior employees
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- 8+ years of experience in related technology field/function.
- 3-5 years experience working with Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and 2012.
- Proficiency with TSQL (complex stored procedures, functions and triggers)
- Proficient in the following languages: C#, WCF, ASP.NET, and Web Services
- Experience with Crystal Reports, SSAS
- Experienced with Design Patterns such as domain-driven design and Model View Controller
- Ability to travel domestically or internationally as needed for business execution. Maximum travel of up to 10% annually.
Preferred Additional Skills:
· Experienced with Microsoft IIS Web/Application Server
- Performance tuning skills with SQL Server
- Database design experience
- Proficient with the following tools: Altova XML Spy, DevExpress, MS Build, SQL Notification Services, TFS, Microsoft Visual Studio
- Ability to work with others in a constructive and collaborative manner
- Exceptional communication skills – written, verbal and presentation – with internal and external parties
- Experience defining technical issues and opportunities as well as developing strategies, plans, and processes
- Knowledge of emerging technologies (relevant to software and broadcast industry)
- Prior application development experience with C# .Net or VB .NET is preferred
- Proficiency with MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio)
- Knowledge of SSIS packages
- Knowledge of Devexpress
- Knowledge of N-Hibernate or any other relational mapper
- Exposure or past experience in MFC