Get new similar jobs by email for
Senior Software Engineer
You are innovative – dynamic – forward thinking - passionate - challenging the norm.
As industry leaders, our candidates must be self-motivated team players; problem-solvers who thrive in a fast-paced, adaptive environment who love innovative technology as much as creating it. If you’re smart, creative, ambitious, and always looking for ways to improve, we’d like to talk with you
CliniComp, Intl. is looking for a Sr. Software Engineer who will be responsible for providing software design, implementation, and testing of clinical information software used in healthcare institutions. The successful candidate will perform software design based on input from the design team and clinical users, characteristics of the existing software base, consultation with other engineering staff, and system functional requirements.
· Perform software implementation following coding guidelines and project requirements to produce optimal performance, reliability, and maintainability.
· Conduct software evaluation/ testing of own software, software from other staff, and third-party software.
· Provide a test plan for use by other engineering staff, the Quality Assurance and support departments in order to validate a new implementation.
· Provide technical documentation for the design, implementation and testing of the software.
· Attend design review meetings as needed to adhere to the software development plan and procedures.
· Support the software by handling escalated service calls.
· Document and repair errors related to software.
· Assist the engineering staff in clarifying requests for software changes and understand reported problems.
· Open and document in SoftZilla and Service Direct tickets.
· Perform other duties or changed duties as needed or directed.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, or related field. An additional 4 years Sr. Software Engineer experience may be considered in lieu of the Bachelor’s Degree.
· At least 10 years software engineering experience with solid understanding of software development & coding.
· At least 5 years experience with C/C++, Linux systems, and relational databases required.
· U.S. Citizenship is required; ability to obtain a DoD ADP clearance and a VA High Risk Background clearance.