Get new similar jobs by email for
Database Developer – Silver Spring, MD
You will work as part of a team and with other members of the technical staff to develop new application features to support data collection and analysis efforts. Will be a hands-on role requiring rigorous attention to detail and thorough application of standards. Will work on a collaborative software development team. Other duties include:
· Work with Scientific and IT Subject Matter Experts to understand the data.
· Build database scripts.
· Review applications’ database SQL code and evaluate it for performance. Make recommendations for improvements
· Assist in developing data migration strategies.
· Understand data issues and help troubleshoot issues.
4-6 years of experience as an application DBA in a scientific or technical environment. Requires strong written and oral communication skills, organization skills, and interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate across a diverse audience of scientists, engineers, and other technical staff. Ability to balance multiple projects and adapt to rapidly changing priorities is required. Must be able to quickly learn new technologies and be comfortable working with a team. Must be a motivated self-starter that is goal oriented. Must have experience with:
· SQL and/or PL/SQL, Python, Java, Perl, shell scripting or other high-level languages.
· SQL tuning, Sybase databases (12.5 or higher), Sybase replication and Sybase libraries.
· Linux/Unix and working with “big data” (many Terabytes).
The ideal candidate will also be well-versed in and comfortable with the Sybase environment and have a thorough understanding of the software lifecycle and relevant software methodologies used in software development. Will promote a positive team spirit and build networks to enhance effectiveness and share knowledge. Some database design experience is a plus.
Must be able to pass a background investigation to obtain a security badge to enter the applicable government facility.
BS in computer science, related discipline, or equivalent.
Submit resume to ERT’s Career Opportunities Web Page at:
Earth Resources Technology, Inc. (ERT)
ERT is an Equal Opportunity Employer