Job Title:Senior Software Engineer Networking/C
Employee Type:Full Time Employee
EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) is a premier global provider of satellite operations and video delivery solutions. EchoStar's wholly-owned subsidiary, Hughes, is the world's leading provider of satellite broadband services, delivering network technologies and managed services.
EchoStar is where innovators come to brainstorm, discover and share new ideas. All of our career paths can lead to remarkable journeys for passionate, driven people who are adaptable to change and inspired by challenge. We are adventurous thinkers who embrace opportunities to create new partnerships, enter emerging global markets, and help our customers grow their businesses through technology innovation.
Senior Software Engineer Networking/C
EchoStar has an opening in Englewood, CO, for a Senior Software Engineer who will design, develop and maintain network applications in the C programming language for TV set top box receivers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in architecting network applications and choosing appropriate protocols for new features.
- Decompose tasks, define milestones, create schedules and estimated development resources for projects.
- Work within a development team using change control and source code management systems.
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 5 years experience in C programming.
- 3 years experience in network application development in C.
- 3 years implementing network applications from conception to completion.
- 3 years experience working with TCP/IP.
- Embedded system development.
- Software Configuration Management tools such Clearcase or Jira.
- Linux kernel driver development.
- Secure code development principles.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Quick learner
EchoStar delivers innovative products and services that power global communication, commerce and entertainment. Through our market-leading Digital Broadcast Centers across North America, we operate one the world’s largest and most advanced digital broadcast networks, serving over 17 million end users every day. Our historical pioneering development of market solutions such as satellite spot-beam technology, end-to-end MPEG4 video delivery, placeshifting, whole home DVR sharing and VSAT data network management have consistently set new standards in the industry.
EchoStar provides a variety of benefits for all employees. In addition to health and wellness benefits that support a new era in healthcare management, we provide unique benefits including Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Stock Purchase, Discounted rates on HughesNet and Dish Network services, Slingbox discounts and much more.
For a complete list of benefits and specific company detail please visit www.echostar.com
EchoStar is an EEO employer (M/F/D/V)