This position can be hired in any of the following markets; San Diego or Dallas-Fort Worth
We are the technology that powers activities, helping over 47,000 activity organizers automate, simplify and grow their business through rich data and insights. With over a decade of experience building the world’s leading registration platform, our SaaS products are changing the way the world gets active.
We are a company of passionate people that are focused on results, committed to excellence and fueled by challenge. We celebrate a culture of winning, high-performance and accountability. Our team members embrace a work-hard/play-hard mentality and bring their passion, dedication and creativity each and every day. Together, we are making the world a more active place.
Senior Software QA Engineer – Web Application Testing
The Senior Software QA Engineer is a critical part of the software delivery team at Active. This role will work with Software Developers, System Architects, and Business Analysts to determine the appropriate functional test strategy and build and execute the project test cases. The Senior Software QA Engineer will play a key role in the project team, and help deliver high quality products to the market.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead QA efforts on web-based software projects
- Participate in project sprint planning processes
- Write detailed test cases that ensure the correct level of test coverage for the application being tested
- Identify and raise risks as early as possible in the system development life cycle
- Develop and execute functional, smoke, system integration and regression test cases for both manual and automated testing
- Test web applications using both white box and black box testing techniques
- Provide status updates to the project team, and update the sprint backlog
- Review requirements and design documentation to determine and implement the appropriate test strategy
- Participate in the identification and implementation of continuous improvement opportunities in processes, standards, and procedures in test automation and functional testing
- Communicate and coordinate with local and offshore QA and Development teams
Skills & Requirements
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Technical understanding of web software concepts
- Understanding of SQL queries and relational databases
- Minimum 5 years of software testing in a web-based software environment
- Experience with web service testing
- Passionate about quality and software testing
- Working knowledge of Agile Development and how QA is performed within an Agile project
- Strong knowledge and experience with test methodologies, QA process, and software release cycle.
- Ability to lead and guide others
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of projects
- Experience working with remote/offshore teams
- A strong desire to contribute to the release and success of leading-edge software products
Perks and Benefits
- Great work environment.
- Competitive compensation + benefits, including medical insurance, child care vouchers and family discounts, Personal Pension Plan and more
- ACTIVEx, our award winning employee participation program, will help you grow personally
- ACTIVEu, thousands of online courses available 24x7, will help you grow professionally
- Our ACTIVE Advantage program will help you save on activities, gear and travel
ACTIVE Network is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer