Get new similar jobs by email for
Senior Software Test Engineer
The Senior Software Test Engineer position is responsible for independently applying SDLC and Agile QA methodology and standards to verify and validate that MedAssets core products meet specifications and customer acceptance criteria in order to ensure customer satisfaction. The SQE will work with Development and Product Owners to perform requirements analysis, create and execute detailed test plans and test cases (both manual and automated scripts) and find and track defects to closure, in order to assess the quality of our products. This position requires strong analytical, problem solving, and communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to extensively document test procedures, expected results, and defects.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Apply SDLC and Agile software quality assurance and software testing concepts and practices to continuously assess the risks, condition and quality of products and releases
• Review requirements, acceptance criteria, functional design, technical design, and use case design documents to determine testability
• Provide estimates for planning, development and execution of test efforts
• Create detailed test plans, and test strategies that clearly describe the test environment, setup, risks, scope, assumptions, dependencies, and strategy
• Create detailed test cases that clearly describe the pre/post conditions, test executions steps, and expected results
• Execute test cases to assess the condition and quality of software builds, releases, and bug fixes
• Develop, maintain and execute automated test suites
• Request, setup and manage test data in a test environment
• Perform functional (black box and white box), system and regression testing
• Write SQL queries to analyze data in relational databases
• Document and track defects, issues and enhancements to resolution using defect tracking tools and participate in root cause analysis
• Create regular project status reports. Communicate all risks and issues to the QA Manager in a timely manner.
• Be able to work effectively in a team setting - take direction, proactively seek out information and build productive working relationships
• Review Release Notes and provide feedback to documentation teams
• Mentor more junior members of the team
• Embraces the scrum philosophy of change and looks for continuous improvement in their skills and to enhance the quality of our products
Minimum Knowledge, Competencies & Qualifications:
• 2-4 years SDLC QA experience
• 2+ years testing .NET/Windows and Web-based applications
• 1+ years experience with relational databases and reading/writing SQL
• 1+ years automated testing experience using QTP or TestComplete (preferred)
• Bachelors degree, technical degree, or previous software testing experience
• Experience with Agile/SCRUM methodologies a plus
• Experience with modern programming languages (C#, Java) a plus
• Able to take direction, proactively seek out information and build productive working relationships
• Motivated, self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
• Strong verbal communication and writing skills
MedAssets is an Equal Opportunity Employer and ensures its employment decisions comply with principles embodied in Title VII, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, Executive Order 11246, Revised Order Number 4, and applicable state regulations.