Get new similar jobs by email for
Location: Sacramento, CA 95742
This position could reside in either Sacramento, CA; Los Angeles, CA or West Palm Beach, FL. The Senior Statistician will work with statisticians, engineers, and managers to provide statistics expertise for diverse real-world applications. The Senior Statistician is expected to be able to work independently, keep up with current research in statistical technologies and take a leading role in project coordination and facilitation and may be responsible for complex components of larger tasks. An ability to think outside the box is preferred.
- Statistical Consulting and Analysis:
Work with cross-functional teams and subject-matter experts to support development and production processes .
- Utilize appropriate statistical data analysis, predictive modeling, and simulation tools to assist technical decision making and anomaly resolution, including Bayesian methods.
- Support development and implementation of statistical quality control methods for application to operations.
- Provide sampling recommendations, develop experimental designs and conduct analysis to support engineering product development and enterprise process improvement activities
- Provide statistical expertise in support of reliability and risk assessment activities
- Provide statistical expertise in support of business decision analysis
- Internal Application Development:
Work with cross-functional teams and subject-matter experts on solutions to large complex technical and project management problems.
- Research potential applications of advanced statistical methods
- Develop new applications of existing statistical tools and techniques to apply to key focus areas
- Support implementation of developed solutions
- Develop and update relevant procedures and standard work in the area of statistical analysis methods.
- Statistical Instruction and Mentoring:
- Create and improve statistical training materials and deliver training sessions directed to engineering and production applications of statistical methods.
- Mentor junior members of the statistics discipline in areas of specialization. Share knowledge and experience.
Look for opportunities to foster wider application of statistical methods in support of data-driven decision-making across the entire Aerojet Rocketdyne enterprise.
BS degree in Engineering, Mathematics, or Statistics preferred. MS in Statistics required.
Position may occasionally require extended shifts and/or weekends. Although permanent job location can be in Canoga Park, CA; Sacramento, CA; or West Palm Beach, FL; the applicant would need to spend the first 2 months in West Palm Beach learning company procedures and standard practices from the existing staff of Statisticians.
Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance at the appropriate level (requires U.S. Citizenship).