SyCom values are centered on acting with integrity at all times, exhibiting a passion for serving our customers and displaying a strong work ethic while working effectively as a team. Our employees are committed to winning and to our company's success by:
Providing outstanding and memorable service in everything we do
SyCom System Engineer associates provide installation, maintenance and repairs on equipment within an assigned region to assure continuity of customer operations and high levels of customer satisfaction. In this role, you will have ownership of customer problems or incidents until the situation has been resolved to the customer’s satisfaction and/or in compliance with agreed upon Service Level Agreements. You will perform Tier 1 and 2 work on products and services of medium-high complexity. Tier 1 and 2 products include VoIP, routers, switches, and firewalls including servers, networks, OS software and networking issues. Primary services include Design, installation, maintenance, network management, multi-vendor maintenance and software support.
The position continuously monitors and updates trouble tickets listed in our ticketing system. It will be this position's responsibility to resolve or make sure all tickets are updated in a timely manner. You will be called upon to assist level 1 Engineers by instructing and training them in proper troubleshooting and diagnostics techniques. It will also be your responsibility to learn from other Senior Customer Engineers and, to the best of your ability, help to service level 3 tickets. The employee’s job performance will be judged on his/her ability to handle these tasks in a timely and professional manner.
Additionally, this job requires reliable transportation. Mileage paid based on 55 cents per mile.
Senior Systems Engineer
SyCom Technologies is currently seeking an IT Senior Systems Engineer to join our team. This position is responsible for providing network, server, and PC consulting services for small-to-midsize companies while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction. This is a key role in a fast paced, customer service-oriented environment.
- Provide PC and Windows Server administration and support services.
- Configure, install, and support server, network, desktop, laptop, and other peripheral equipment in a business environment.
- Configure, install and support desktop and server software products including Microsoft Windows, Office, Outlook, VPN, Backup Systems, VMware, Hyper-V, Active Directory, DNS, Exchange, SharePoint, SQL Server, Azure, and IIS. Additional Services include Barracuda(all devices) and Cisco SMB
Technical Skills Required
- Microsoft Windows desktop and server operating systems including XP, 7, 8, Server 2008 and 2012
- Server Virtualization technology and concepts including experience with VMware and Microsoft Hyper-V. Microsoft System Center experience is a plus.
- Microsoft Active Directory, DNS, SQL Server, Exchange Server, SharePoint, Terminal Services administration, Office 365, Azure, and other backend Windows based technologies.
- Microsoft Office including Outlook in an Exchange environment.
- Desktop and Server hardware components and peripherals
- Exposure to SAN configuration and administration is a plus.
- TCP/IP, routing, switching and firewall concepts in a business network environment
- LAN / WAN concepts and best practices
- Barracuda products including, Backup, Spam Filter, Web Filter, Firewall and link Balancer
- Host VoIp Phones
- Heavy experience in backup hardware and software including Veeam, Unitrends, Barracuda and Carbonite
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- 2 or 4 year Information Technology degree with PC / Network support, MIS, or CIS major
- 2 to 5 years of practical work experience in a pc support, network administration, or consulting role supporting information technology systems on a Microsoft platform.
- Microsoft certifications a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, personable, self-motivated, ability to work independently as well as part of a team, good problem solving skills, task oriented, positive attitude, able to multitask, and technically savvy
- Certified or have high level of experience in MS Products
- Good interpersonal skills to work with customers and other department personnel
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Good Communication skills
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Ability to resolve hardware and software problems
- Willingness to travel, 90% in State
- Configure and troubleshoot exchange/outlook issues at the desktop level
- Must maintain time utilization above 70% on average for 6 months or more
- Follow company policy on time entry
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision