Uline – Shipping Supply Specialists
Uline is a leading North American distributor of shipping, packaging and industrial supplies. Founded in 1980, the family-owned business has experienced continuous growth over the years. Today, we employ over 3,100 bright, career-minded individuals across the U.S., Mexico and Canada.
At Uline, we're energetic and passionate about what we do. Because of our continued expansion, we seek qualified candidates who share our vision, values and commitment to superior customer service.
Uline seeks a Server Manager at its Corporate Headquarters in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin (just over the IL / WI state line).
- Manage engineers and administrators to deliver infrastructure solutions across computing platforms, including Windows, Linux and data management (SAN and data backup/recovery).
- Manage the infrastructure and operations project portfolio to ensure server/storage projects are delivered on time and on budget, while minimizing risk.
- Ensure projects are properly scoped and estimated to produce expected results.
- Create work and cost estimates for infrastructure implementations and changes.
- Ensure that implementations meet Uline’s internal and external standards.
- Provide leadership to project teams during design and implementation activities.
- Document system designs and related processes.
- Ensure all operational processes are followed.
- Interact with Uline’s executive team and vendors as needed.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 10 to 15 years information systems experience supporting mission-critical systems and applications in a large enterprise systems environment.
- 5 to 10 years experience managing large to medium, complex infrastructure projects on multiple platforms.
- 5+ years management experience, including budgeting, performance appraisals and overseeing a 24x7 operation.
- Demonstrated expertise and excellence across multiple technologies.
- Extensive experience in managing complex, cross-functional projects.
- Strong experience with project management techniques and tools.
- Experience with Windows and Linux operating systems, EMC Symmetrix technologies and data backup strategies (Avamar and Data Domain).
- Technical understanding of WAN and LAN technologies.
- Experience with VMware 5.0.
- Experience with complex system integration projects and project coordination.
- Complete insurance coverage – medical, dental, vision, life.
- 401(k) with company match.
- Generous paid time off.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- 3 bonus programs.
Please visit www.uline.com/jobs to learn more about our job openings and benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY
- Please click the “APPLY” button to submit your resume for immediate consideration!