LGS Innovations, a leader in government telecommunications and network integration, is seeking a Logistics/Shipping and Receiving Clerk in our Jessup, MD office. This person will be responsible for the shipping and receiving and distribution of LGS and government assets, with completion of all the necessary documentation in a fast-paced and fluid environment.
Active U.S. Government Clearance Required: TS/SCI w/poly required.
The benefits of working at LGS not only include 4 weeks of vacation and matching 401(k), but the opportunity to become a part of a growing company dedicated to supporting the U.S. Government DoD, Civilian, and Advanced Programs communities. LGS is an independent, wholly-owned subsidiary of Alcatel-Lucent.
To apply for this job or to see other opportunities at LGS go to: www.lgsjobs.com
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Receiving, processing, storing, routing, and distributing property and materials from commercial and DOD entities
· Receiving includes taking delivery from shipping carriers at the loading dock and breaking down pallets
· Operate a forklift
· Preparation of property and materials for shipping to customer and vendors
· Delivery of items for shipment to shipping carriers
· Support the R&D and manufacturing processes of LGS Innovations programs and projects
· Perform tasks that establish and maintain property/materials receiving and shipping records and audit trail documents
· Directly interface with members of the technical staff, management, and customer personnel
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
· Active U.S. Government Clearance Required: TS/SCI w/poly required.
· Ability to lift fifty (50) pounds
· Knowledge of Microsoft software applications and other software applications as required
· Good written and verbal skills. Ability to follow written and verbal instruction
· Detail orientation
· Strong customer service skills
· A valid drivers license is required as some off-site travel will be required
· Experience with DELTEK CostPoint Receiving is highly desirable
· Experience with working in a government contracting environment, complying with Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) requirements is highly desirable
· Experience in the tracking and preparation of supporting documents for government property records is highly desirable
· Experience with shipping and receiving Dangerous Goods according to international and federal regulations is strongly desired
· Experience with DOD and Air Mobility command (AMC) logistics processes is strongly desired
LGS Innovations is an Equal Opportunity Employer