Get new similar jobs by email for
Software Automation Engineer
Looking for a Mid - Sr level Selenium Software Automation Engineer for a company in King of Prussia, PA. This is a contract to permanent position, so only U.S. Citizens and Green Card Holders please.
Design and implement an automated test suite for the integration testing of our enterprise commerce platform. Create tools for the automation of repetitive testing tasks. Participate in a continuous improvement process of identifying and removing sources of friction in the software development life cycle.
· Design and implement automated integration tests for web applications and web services using a Java/Selenium based framework
· Develop test automation system while applying software development methodologies and principles
· Work closely with software engineering and architecture teams to implement the automation roadmap
· Work closely with Quality Assurance team to ensure manual tests are prioritized for automation
· Support development teams through test creation and maintenance, concurrent with Agile development activities
· Attend daily stand-up and bi-weekly planning sessions
· Advocate automation best practices across the technology organization
Three or more years experience with large scale enterprise Java software. BS Degree in IT or related field. This position requires:
· Excellent Java programming skills
· Experience implementing test automation
· Familiarity with at least one web test automation framework (Selenium, Silk, Eiffel etc.)
· Strong experience with Continuous Integration methodologies (unit testing/code coverage/mocking, simulation) and building automated tests to integrate into CI process using Bamboo/Hudson/Jenkins
· Experience with continuous integration and build tools (i.e. jUnit, DB Unit, Maven, Bamboo, and Jira)
· Sound knowledge of software engineering principles and appreciation for non-functional system requirements
· 1+ years of solid Java programming experience
· Familiarity with SOA/Web Services design principles and implementation techniques is required
· Familiarity with RDBMS, SQL is required
· Experience with creating automated performance testing frameworks is a definite plus
· Must have excellent communication skills (verbal and written), and be able to communicate interact effectively with all levels of management as well as a diverse technical team.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to significant amounts of change in work assignments and priorities.
· Flexibility to move between tasks.
· Ability to work under tight schedules and uncertainty and to achieve results with little supervision or direction
· Familiarity with Agile/Scrum methodologies is a plus
· BS/BA in Computer Science or related field required.