Get new similar jobs by email for
Kenan Advantage Group is North America’s largest bulk transportation and logistics provider to the petroleum and specialty products industries. Currently we have a full-time opening for a Software Developer. We are seeking a dynamic, positive and creative individual with the ability to work independently and as part of talented team to develop applications. The development team is small with significant responsibility and visibility for each member. The candidate should have a positive attitude and a high aptitude for solving complex business and technical problems while dealing with challenging schedules.
· Design and develop customer and application interfaces to meet business objectives and solve problems.
· Define and implement the SQL Server objects used within these solutions.
· Develop code, maintain data structures, and create documentation.
· Assist other developers with complex development and performance issues.
· Ensure that development projects integrate well into the environment
· Provide ongoing customer support by providing proactive monitoring, system/application related problem resolution and general question responses.
The successful candidate will have
· A 2 or 4-year degree in computer science or related equivalent experience.
· A minimum of 3 years of experience in developing applications using Microsoft’s .Net development environment, specifically C#.Net
· A minimum of 3 years of experience developing interfaces utilizing EDI, XML, CSV and other file formats and related development tools.
· A comprehensive knowledge of T-SQL for development and processing of data in and out of SQL databases.
· The ability to develop and use DTS/SSIS packages
· Strong Relational Database knowledge, specifically DB design and normalization
· An understanding of the MS Office Suite including Outlook, Excel, Access, Visio, etc
· Strong design, development, coding, testing, and debugging skills.
· Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills
· The ability and genuine desire to quickly learn new skills and technologies
· The ability to interface well with management, peers and vendors.
· Must be able/willing to take initiative to solve problems in a timely fashion with proactive, creative and aggressive problem diagnosis and solving skills
· Must be willing to provide 7x24 support of systems developed and maintained
· The ability to thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment
· Excellent oral and written communications skills
· SQL Reporting Services
· OLAP, SQL Analysis Services
· Oracle SQL, PL/SQL knowledge
· Any current Microsoft Certifications are a plus.
Kenan Advantage Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. No person will be discriminated against in any aspect of their employment on the basis of any status or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.