Get new similar jobs by email for
Software Development Engineer ...
Every day the New York Times delivers our journalism to millions of readers through our web and mobile platforms. Now we’re looking to expand on that success by launching new mobile and web applications around focused topics such as dining, travel and health. We take an iterative approach to product development and believe strongly that focusing on code quality helps us move quicker. We’re looking for a test engineer to join our team and help us build out automated tools and processes to test our products.
The ideal candidate is someone who cares deeply about the quality of the product and the technology that makes it possible. We’re looking for someone who is interested in new and innovative approaches to solving problems, and has a firm grounding in automated testing. As part of a small team, you’ll have the opportunity to work closely with other developers, designers and product managers.
- Take ownership of developing an automated test suite for a web and iOS platform.
- Work as part of a small, cross-functional team including designers, newsroom editors and product managers to create new iOS applications
- Push the envelope for state of the art mobile applications and development practices
- Ability to programmatically test a product, measure test coverage and drive best practices in testing
- Familiarity with python, ruby or a similar language
- Familiarity with web frameworks such as Ruby on Rails
- A healthy respect for clean, simple and tested code
- A demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary team
It would be great if you have:
- Familiarity with testing web applications using automation frameworks such as Selenium or Capybara
- Experience with distributed version control systems like Git or Mercurial
- Experience in building and consuming RESTful APIs.
- Proficiency with Unix, scripting languages, SQL, and regular expressions
Company Information: The New York Times Company (NYSE: NYT) is a global media organization dedicated to enhancing society by creating, collecting and distributing high-quality news and information. The company includes The New York Times, International New York Times, NYTimes.com, INYT.com and related properties. It is known globally for excellence in its journalism, and innovation in its print and digital storytelling and its business model. Follow news about the company at @NYTimesComm.
EEO Statement: The New York Times Company is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship or any other protected characteristic. The New York Times Company is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.