Get new similar jobs by email for
Software Development Manager
Software Development Manager, Client Development
Under the general direction of the Director, the Manager of the Application Development team is responsible for overall team administration. Managers are expected to nurture the relationships with company clients, grow and develop individuals on the team, and play a key role in the overall growth of organization.
The Manager will make and/or participate in strategic and tactical decisions that impact the team, projects and/or functional areas including staffing, scope of projects and services, vendor selection, budget, training, analysis and reporting, performance evaluations, and planning and process improvement.
2. Develop and maintain a competent and productive software development department by coaching and counseling, performance appraisal and career development; providing educational growth opportunities (including on-the-job training); identify training needs and develop training plans
3. Participate in the interviewing and staff selection process and the supervision and performance management of associates.
4. Identify areas for improvement, increased efficiency and potential new product features within our current product lines; looks for areas of opportunity to expand product line offering to fill market demand or client needs.
5. Work with productization team as needed to make any necessary changes or introductions to product line.
6. Reviews and evaluates project feasibility studies based on requirements and priorities. Participates in the investigation, selection, adoption and application of most recent advanced technologies and tools for software development.
7. Monitor, assess and identify strategies to improve processes, services, systems and analysis.
8. Work with the project management and business operations teams as an interface with clients (both internal and external) regarding the ongoing operations of the team; may participate in capabilities presentations and/or writing sections for proposals.
9. Participate in meetings regarding project status and updates.
10. Reviews budget to identify issues; may participate in assessing vendors and negotiating contracts and in conducting financial analysis and cost estimates. May manage RFP process
11. Designs and ensures adherence to project task plans, SOPs, and project process.
12. Effectively communicates decisions on company policies, plans and programs; ensures open communication at all levels.
2. Strong leadership and facilitation skills.
3. Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with other IT personnel and business users.
4. Must be able to effectively interact with executives across the organization.
5. Ability to manage multiple tasks along a parallel process.
6. Ability to resolve associate issues effectively and efficiently.
7. 5+ yrs of development experience.
8. 3+ yrs leading a development team in a management role.
9. Experience with .NET Framework, SOA &Web Services, SQL Server, IISandActive Directory.
10. Experience with a structured SDLCand waterfall &agilesoftware development models.
: Information Technology
: United States-Maryland-Rockville
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran