Get new similar jobs by email for
Software and Electrical Staff ...
Accriva Diagnostics is a leader in the development and manufacturing of Point-of-Care diagnostics. We are committed to developing, manufacturing & marketing safe, easy to use, & reliable products that are used by doctors, nurses & medical practitioners where care is provided to patients. We are currently hiring for a Software and Electrical Staff R&D Engineer II in our San Diego location.
The Software and Electrical Staff R&D Engineer II is responsible for design, coding, testing, verification and documentation of personal computer (PC) and embedded software applications for medical devices. The Software and Electrical R&D Staff Engineer II has an array of responsibilities including designing, writing and modifying source code, testing and debugging.
· Design, develop, modify, debug, review, test and document PC and embedded software for medical devices
· Responsible for specified aspects of research and development necessary to bring a defined project from initiation through to market availability
· Ensures technical merit of product to meet requirements (laboratory and clinical)
· Provide product engineering support and documentation
· Understand and develop detailed requirements that accurately and sufficiently describe user and customer needs
· Capture and document software user requirements and technical software specifications
· Track activities to schedule and ensure timeliness of deliverables
· Make recommendations for new product development
· Maintain accurate and thorough knowledge of engineering principles
· Provide technical support to manufacturing and technical services as required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred
· Five (5) to eight (8) years previous industry experience required
· Low level firmware/software development experience required
· Strong knowledge of computer architecture, digital electronics, embedded-systems, programming software, low level assembler languages, debugging firmware for embedded systems, test-equipment, oscilloscopes, logic-analyzers, and defect tracking systems is required
· Experience with various Microsoft systems, integrated development environments and source version control systems is necessary
· Must possess an understanding of product development cycle (early prototype development through production obsolescence)
· Excellent technical writing skills and inter-personal communication skills are required
· Computer literacy required; knowledge of Microsoft Office is essential
· Knowledge in TCP/IP and XML preferred
· Knowledge of system engineering concepts and practices, system architecture principles, practices, methods, and technology preferred
· Knowledge of Food and Drug Administration (FDA) guidelines for software is helpful; experience in a FDA regulated environment also helpful.
· Knowledge of ISO 9001 / ISO 13485 is helpful; IEC 62304 knowledge or experience also helpful.
There is no relocation assistance available for this opportunity. We offer an excellent benefits package including medical/dental and vision, EAP, 401K & tuition reimbursement. EOE M/F/D/V.