Get new similar jobs by email for
SOFTWARE ENGINEER I
Reports to: Director, Product Development
Location: Temecula, CA
Status: Exempt, Full Time
Walz Group is the nation’s premier provider of Compliance Advisory Services, Critical Document Technology™ and Document Fulfillment Services for highly regulated industries. Walz’s software, technology and outsourcing platform enables clients in various industries to communicate with their counterparties (such as borrowers, attorneys, taxpayers, customers, etc.) according to the compliance requirements mandated by federal and state regulations.
Walz has been the recipient of multiple awards for high growth and technology excellence, including three consecutive years in the Inc. 500 list of fastest-growing private companies in the U.S, the Deloitte North American Technology Fast 500 as well as being ranked in the Top 100 Business Services firms by Inc. Magazine, with various additional nominations for Growth and Entrepreneurship.
Over 2,500 of the nation's premier financial institutions, government agencies, law firms and insurance companies use Walz’s technology for their critical compliance documents, including 35 of the Fortune 100, all 4 of the Top 4 Banks, 18 of the Top 25 Mortgage Servicers and 105 of the AmLaw 200.
As a representative for our company, this position will be primarily responsible for developing, supporting, and maintaining Walz software and software as a service components using Microsoft development platforms and database environments. This position will report to the Director of Product Development but also interface regularly with other divisions in the company.
· Review code for potential performance issues, reusability, and/or anomalies
· Supports business critical projects and small enhancements as part of an overall release strategy for the domain
· Owns the technical components of the domain and works hands-on on all development projects
· Assess, troubleshoot, document, upgrade and develop maintenance procedures
· Maintains the technical design and ensures that the technical designs meet the architecture standards of Walz and the vision of the domain
· Fosters a deep understanding of the business domain and partners with relevant business constituents
· Communicates vision in all directions and paves the path for the realization of domain specific goals
· Builds and maintains tools to support the efficient execution of internal and external functions
· Regularly exercises discretion and independent judgment in relation to the responsibilities of the Software Engineer I on a day to day basis
· Evaluates alternatives and makes decisions accordingly
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
· Must be able to lift at least 10 pounds at a time
· Must be able to use a computer with a keyboard and mouse and a standard phone system for long periods of time
If you enjoy the fun and feel of an entrepreneurial environment, but also thrive on building complex enterprise systems for an established business, WALZ may be the best fit for you!
Relocation assistance is available, WALZ offers an extensive benefits package for all full time employees, including medical, dental, vision and 401k!
WALZ is an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace.