Get new similar jobs by email for
|VA-13-0023: Software Engineer|
|Blackbird Technologies, Inc. is currently seeking a mid-level Software Developer to support various programs within our Cyber group based out of our Herndon, VA corporate office. You will be responsible for working on a custom test bed with cutting edge, cloud computing technology and virtual networking systems. Being able to understand complex networks and also translating scalable systems and identifying the final results and lastly deep problem solving. Our customer comes to us when they have difficult problems they can't solve. You will address the issues head on with a "can do" attitude as part of program that is breaking new ground in cloud computing.|
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Delivering high-quality, innovative applications and programming experience
• Implementing in code, proof-of-concept ideas, that result from the development of a custom network architecture
• Working on the server and data side of programming
• Solving complex network problems
• Adapting to unique debugging and troubleshooting skills
• Knowledge of Open-Source and Object Oriented programming languages (Ruby, Python, Java, C++)
Blackbird employs creative, technical thinkers. The ideal candidate will share these qualities.
|• US Citizenship|
• Eligibility to obtain and maintain a US government Top Secret security clearance
• Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science
• 3-10 years of industry experience in delivering high-quality, innovative applications and programming experience in one ore more of the following: C, C++, C# and/or Java (this may include a blend of real-world work experience, internship experience, and independent work experience)
• 2+ years of experience with one or more of the following scripting languages: Perl, Python and/or Ruby
• 2+ years of experience working in a Linux/Unix development environment
• Strong experience with databases
• Strong design skills
• Must be detail-oriented, organized, and able to work well in a team environment as well as independently with little day-to-day guidance
• Must possess strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Must present a professional appearance and demeanor and demonstrate an ambition to learn
Additionally, as part of the evaluation process, qualified candidates will be asked to complete a short software development assignment.
|• Secret clearance preferred|
• Experience working in a Windows environment
To apply for this position, as well as to view all of our current openings, please visit our careers page:https://careers.blackbirdtech.com.
Blackbird Technologies, Inc. is an EEO/AA employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by state, local or federal law.