Software Engineer - Sensors
Ref #: 11947
The position is located at FlightSafety Simulation - Visual Systems in St. Louis, Missouri, a company specializing in the design, development, and build of visual simulation systems used in a wide variety of commercial and military flight simulators.
Responsible for developing software for visual simulation of radar and EO/IR sensor systems. The successful candidate will be a skilled team player, with a passion for technology and problem solving, and the ability to effectively contribute to the development of the industry’s best visual simulation system.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics, or Mathematics
- Strong C#/C/C++ programming skills
- Strong background in sensor systems, computer graphics, physics, and/or mathematics
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills
- Ability to obtain and retain US DOD Secret Clearance
Application knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
· EO, IR, and EVS sensors and systems
· Image tracking
· Flight simulation or game development
· Visual modeling and animation
and skills in several of the following areas:
· STL containers and templates
· Design patterns and/or Boost
· OpenGL or Direct3D application development
· GLSL or other shader programming
· MS Visual Studio
· Systems engineering
· Algorithm development
· Software architecture
· Object oriented design
· User interface development
· Image processing
· Real-time, multiprocessing development
Exhibit and practice professional and courteous behavior while interacting with both internal and external customers.
Interact within a cooperative environment through beneficial behaviors, commitment to common goals, contribution to problem solving, communication of ideas and suggestions, an encouragement to other employees, and departments.
Accountable for the control and distribution of documents and/or equipment subject to export control restrictions and the security of FlightSafety materials, projects and business information regarding the methods and techniques used in the production and usage of FlightSafety products.
Accountable for the accuracy and completeness of assigned tasks.
Able to adhere to a work schedule including prompt and regular attendance.
To apply go to www.flightsafety.com click on careers and employment at FlightSafety International and search requisition number 11947 Software Engineer - Sensors.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V