Software QA Engineer
Engineering – Software | Fremont, CA, United States
AIBT Inc. is looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer who is a self-motivated anda team player who is passionate about finding and eliminating software flaws. This individual will report into the Quality Assurance organization and support the team in its goal of reducing field issues and improving customer satisfaction. This position will deliver solid test execution in support of iPulsar extensive features set, increasing number of interfaces and ongoing software releases for both regression testing and new feature. In addition, this position will contribute to the broader corporate process for the design and development of software and work with development team to ensure quality is designed into the product.
- Solid understanding of SQA practices related to Test Strategy, Test Case development for different test types (i.e regression, stress, performance, etc), Test Documentation, and bug tracking.
- Create, maintain, and execute test plans and test cases for both new and existing features. Analyze and report results, track defects, and participate in day to day QA support activities.
- Identify, analyze and document defects, questionable functions, errors, and inconsistencies in software program functions. Monitor and track defects associated with areas of responsibility. Report software problems and verify code fixes.
- Thoroughly test products through all phases of development life cycle.
- Collaborate with developers, product managers, and customer to understand objectives of the features and propose testing approach
- Effectively communicate issues, risks and inter-component dependencies in a timely manner
- Contribute to continuous process improvements to increase the efficiency of SQA and development. Develops and introduces best practices and tools for SQA activities
- Aside from product testing, also review product requirements and specifications in order to foresee potential issues, provide input of functional requirements and advise on design
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline is required
- Minimum of 1+ years’ experiencein SW quality assurance (prefer experience in Semiconductor Equipment)
- Thorough knowledge on software testing concepts.
- Ability to take complete ownership of features across the release boundaries.
- Ability to meet commitments and multi-task in a fast-paced work environment.
- Proven track record of meeting tight deadlines without sacrificing quality.
- Excellent problem solving/troubleshooting skills, interpersonal, communication skills, and team player: flexible, responsive, and customer-focused.
- Fast learner, must be able to handle multiple tasks at a time with little direct supervision.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job posting.