Get new similar jobs by email for
Software Test Engineer
DeskNet Incorporated is an established, rapidly growing software company serving top tier financial services and other fortune 1000 clients. DeskNet’s main office is in Jersey City, NJ with additional R&D operations in Portland, Maine. We are seeking skilled testers who are familiar with software development concepts and passionate about improving the quality of software.
The Software Engineer in Test, has a passion for testing at every stage, from development to user experience and from web interfaces to network based communications. You will be responsible for planning, implementing automated tests in a fast paced and dynamic work environment. You will work closely with Product Management, Team Leads, Developers and customers. As a team member, you will participate in all aspects of the development cycle and will need to communicate across teams to ensure testing is thorough and efficient.
· Plan and implement automated test scripts
· Develop test plans. Provide test estimates for release scope.
· Create and maintain appropriate test scenarios for implemented features including, but not limited to, core functionality, stability, performance and stress
· Record and track defects uncovered during the execution of tests scripts
· Review and provide input during requirements and specification walkthroughs.
· Escalate issues and risks as appropriate to ensure projects stay on track
· Participate in an Agile environment: attend daily scrum meetings, provide defect updates, ongoing work effort and information exchange
The successful candidate must have:
· BS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent industry experience
· 2-5 years of experience as a software developer and/or QAEngineer
· A solid understanding of QA best practices and testing methodologies
· Strong knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle, design and development principals
· Expertise in writing test automations and using testing tools (Robotframework with Selenium, Junit, Jenkins)
· Familiarity with various test management and defect tracking tools (HP Quality Center)
· Extensive experience testing services and web-based technologies
· Proficiency withtesting Java software that uses ActiveMQ, Zookeeper and leverages the Windows platform
· Deep understanding of software performance and load testing especially as it relates to hardware and software configurations
Additional qualities of the ideal candidate are:
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong organization and problem solving abilities
· Experience using project management tools a plus
· Ability to adapt well to change as defined by the Agile methodology
· Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or similar Cloud Services