Title: Software Tester – Sr.
Location: Burbank, CA, 91504
Duration: 5 Months +
Req. ID: 49176
*** Located in Burbank or Oakland ****
What kind of project will this resource be working on?
User acceptance testing of multiple systems: A browser-based sales application, data interfaces to and from the sales application and reporting database, as well as reporting system
The individual must have successfully qualified software and reporting components as part of large, highly integrated, enterprise class development projects. The position requires strong systems thinking ability, integration test expertise, white and gray box analytical skills, attention to detail and significant experience working with databases, SQL or SAS to verify data accuracy. This role requires very strong test case/test scenario development skills, and a methodical process for ensuring complete test coverage.
- Assessing and contributing in the test planning activities with national and regional user, Kaiser Permanente IT and Medicare Business testing teams, creating testing level of effort, drafting test calendars, highlighting issues, risks and assumptions
- Creation of test strategies, test plans and test summaries for multiple projects and releases
- Collaborate with the Testing Lead and various system and data delivery teams (internal and external) to develop integrated test plans
- Recognize and recommend priority testing so to help the Business decide on the scope of testing and the risks involved in not testing to save time and money
- Ensure testing environments are setup and available for testing
- Identify and prepare test data
- Act as the front line single point of contact (SPOC) on behalf of the testing team for projects and releases with customers (IT & Business) and internal and external delivery teams
- Manage end-to-end system validation and user acceptance testing (UAT), in an efficient and effective manner following the SDLC methodology
- Support the testing team and participate in test scenario identification, ranking, prioritizing & traceability to requirements folding in business input
- Show testing status and statistics raise issues early, define risks, all based on progress using standard reports and dashboards
- Assists testing team as needed to ensure progress and timelines are on track
- Escalate to the Testing Lead as needed when resource or project issues need additional support or visibility for mitigation
- Bachelor's degree required
- 8+ years of experience in quality assurance/ testing procedures, testing methodologies.
- 8+ years in test case design and execution
- 5+ years using HP Quality Center extensively for requirements, test cases and defects
- 3+ years back-end interface testing of large, complex applications
- 3+ years testing data flows through multiple interfaces
- 3+ years of experience using database querying tools to perform data validation, such as SAS, SQL or TOAD
- Expertise with Microsoft Office Excel and Visio
- Expert research and analytical skills involving technical and business process documentation - including comprehension of system architecture, detailed designs, and requirements
- Demonstrated experience in developing comprehensive and accurate test designs and conditions through research and analysis of documentation; and from socializing with technical and business experts
- Significant experience designing and executing QA black, white and gray box test conditions
- Ability to track complex problems in a dynamic and evolving environment to thorough and complete resolution.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to successfully participate as a testing team member on large, complex testing projects spanning multiple applications and teams from initial design through production deployment
- Fast, accurate & enthusiastic self-starter with extreme attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels
- Independent thinker with tenacity to maintain focus on issues until satisfied they are adequately resolved
- Working knowledge of SOX guidelines as they relate to testing
- Understanding of sales or financial information systems
Yes, 50% to Stockton
·Will role be in a medical facility?
·Will a physical or medical screening be required?
Standard Work Hours:
8:00-5:00 PT, 40-45 hours per week