Get new similar jobs by email for
Specialist, Development (IN)
The Alzheimer's Association is making a difference and so can you!
The Alzheimer's Association is the world’s leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer care, support and research. We are the largest private funder of Alzheimer research and the premier source of information and support for the more than 5 million Americans with Alzheimer’s disease and their 15 million families and caregivers. The Alzheimer's Association was recently recognized as one of the top ten Best Nonprofits in 2013 in the Non-Profit Times 50 Best Places to Work. We are proud to say that this is the fourth year in a row that we’ve won this award! We offer an excellent work environment and career development opportunities, coupled with competitive benefits and pay.
The Greater KY and Southern IN National Chapter is seeking to hire Development Specialist. This position, located in Evansville, IN, reports to Development Director and will provide support to all fundraising activities for approximately 1/3 of Chapter territory, estimated at $330,000 in events revenue and general donations
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Manage, coordinate and implement all aspects of all assigned fundraising events.
• Identify, recruit, train and manage high impact volunteers who will assist the organization in increasing concern and awareness as well as growing revenue.
• Plan and coordinate meetings, agendas, and activities.
• Prepare and distribute communications to volunteers and donors - via email, print, and telephone - based on the Association’s communications timeline and additional needs.
• Manage, evaluate, and expand fundraising programs.
• Assist and maintain database for all event participants and donors
• Responsible for maintaining accurate financial records for each event, establish budgets, work plans and timelines.
• Represent the Association at public events, conferences, workshops and media events.
• Additional hours and/or weekend work may be required during peak times.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, communication, marketing or related field preferred.
• 3+ years experience in fundraising or sales.
• Excellent computer skills, especially Microsoft Office.
• Outstanding verbal and written communications skills.
• Volunteer management and development experience.
• Detail oriented, adaptable, organized and able to successfully manage multiple projects and tasks.
Benefits: Business Casual Work Environment, Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Disability Insurance, Paid Time Off, Direct Deposit, Credit Union, Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Assistance Program, Employee Referral Bonus Program, 401(k), Tuition Reimbursement, Eldercare Leave and more!
The Alzheimer's Association is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer and we'd love to hear from you!