SQL Computer Programmer, Business Analyst
GDH Consulting is seeking a great candidate for a direct hire position in Roseville, MN. This position is a hands-on technical role that supports and guides our onsite audit team through client data conversion and the development and delivery of audit tools and reports. The Senior Business Systems Analyst combines experience with very large datasets (SQL Server or similar), business application programming tools (VB, VBA, or similar), and business understanding to mine data and automate workflows focused on identifying anomalies and errors in our clients' business transactions. This position operates as a technical leader working with and representing the audit team, bridging the gap between the operational audit team and the back office IT resources. This position facilitates project team efforts, is proactive at sharing information between teams and assisting other audit teams efforts. This position works in a collaborative/consultative role with both internal and client business partners, management, and IT staff.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with business process owners to identify opportunities; define business requirements, design solutions to map to and in support of new or existing business processes and / or workflows
- Ability to pick up new business concepts quickly and to translate into operational tools
- Strong organization skills, self-managing, ability to generate and work with project plans
- Ability to communicate and participate on matrixed teams, often working with resources located out of state. Focus on building rapport and liaising with IT support teams.
- Full life cycle project ownership from analysis to development and delivery of technical solutions.
- Strong leadership skills - confidence, customer relationship management skills, problem solving at the system and enterprise level
- Acts as the IT Point of Contact and Subject Matter Expert on assigned audit(s) business purpose, data inventory, automated processes, SLAs and client ERP systems.
- Participates in the coaching, mentoring and development of team members
- Perform complex data mining and aggregation; commingle multiple datasets to develop a streamlined, efficient representation of transaction lifecycles. Familiar with both ETL and Data Forensics' concepts and best practices.
- Storage management - able to design and implement Data Life Cycle schedules and forecast and manage to data storage budgets
- Ability to problem solve by digging to the root cause not side tracked with symptoms
- Build/Fix it right the first time mentality
- Determines operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats.
- Improves systems by studying current practices; designing modifications.
- Recommends controls by identifying problems; writing improved procedures.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to recognize inefficiencies in processes (operational or technical) and the ability to design solutions to address these issues
- Creative individual that can think out of the box
- Strong analytical abilities and problem solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Strong planning and organizing skills; able to multi-task and manage priorities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; able to interact within all levels of the organization and with outside clients
- Takes initiative; is a self-starter
- Ability to work independently as well as in teams
- Able to work in a diverse environment; works with integrity and respect for others in the workplace
- Strong SQL writing skills (transaction, definition and control functions) and relational database knowledge (tables, keys, dimensional models, etc.) is desired.
- Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Access, Excel) is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, time management, and organizational skills.
- Technical proficiency in, but not limited to, the following:
º Advanced SQL Server programming concepts and techniques
º MS Access & Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
º Report writing (Access,)
º Proficiency with large volume datasets (100 million+ row tables)
º Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) from four-year college or university and five to seven years related experience and/or training - or - equivalent combination of education and experience in Computer Information Systems (CIS) or Management Information Systems (MIS) ) - or - equivalent 7+ years related experience and/or training
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org Please reference job code 20241 when responding to this ad.