Get new similar jobs by email for
Sr. CAE Engineer - Wyoming, M...
Polaris Industries prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level.
Polaris designs, engineers, manufactures and markets innovative, high quality off-road vehicles, including all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) and the Polaris RANGER® and RZR® side-by-side vehicles, snowmobiles, motorcycles and onroad electric/hybrid powered vehicles.
Sr. CAE Engineer – Powertrain Durability
Solve structural and durability analysis problems; provide design insights and leadership to the Powertrain team on a project basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Solve structural and durability analysis problems; provide design insights and leadership to the Powertrain team on a project basis.
· Structural Analysis; Project support for the Powertrain team using commercial FEA and durability software codes.
· Loads generation and dynamic response prediction using MBD tools included.
· CAE Data Interpretation; Reporting and documentation including interpretation to peers and leadership.
· Test Data Analysis; Understand engine design fundamentals through test data analysis.
· Correlation; Examination of test data to drive correlation and load case development.
· Technical Leadership and Mentoring; Lead other team members in the areas of structures, vibration, dynamics and durability.
· Methods Development; Implementation of customer focused Polaris specific CAE tools and best practices.
· Automation and continuous improvement. Early Integration; Apply knowledge and tools to aid architecture selection and target setting early in design.
· Planning; Use experience to create and track basic CAE manpower plans for an engine program. Stretch Assignments:
o Work includes exposure to many vehicles and types of problems, including stretch opportunities outside of the core Powertrain responsibilities.
· EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
B.S. Engineering required, advanced degree preferred.
· Preferred skills with FEA (ANSYS, ANSYS Workbench, HyperMESH, Optistruct), fatigue (nCode DesignLife), and data post-processing tools (Hyperview, Glyphworks).
· MBD tools (Adams) which incorporate FEA flex bodies for loads generation and durability analysis is a plus.
· 5 years experience with advanced numerical problems, including non-linear, modal, dynamic time history, and frequency domain problem sets.
· Knowledgeable in the design of the engine systems, including chassis integration.
· Experience in systems engineering, DOE, and optimization. Durability attribute and advanced fatigue theory knowledge is required, including experience with engine and vehicle validation and durability processes.
· Powersports knowledge and passion to deliver for the customer.
· Excellent communication, interpersonal, and negotiating skills.
· Team player, ability to work with several design teams concurrently and across multiple sites.
Polaris offers you an opportunity to come on board and make a difference. We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive relocation package. To round it off, a benefits package that allows you to work hard and play harder. WE HOPE YOU JOIN US FOR THE RIDE OF YOUR LIFE!
Keywords: CAE Engineer, Design, Chassis, Powertrain, MBD, Multi Body Dynamics, Testing, powersports, power sports, automotive, aerospace, Durability, Crash and Durability, MBD Loads, Powertrain Durability