Minneapolis, MN 55402
- Job Type:
Full Time Employee
- Education Level:
- Reference Code:
Sr. CISCO Voice Engineer
Support the In-Scope Technology production environment by pro-actively monitoring and quickly responding to hardware/software/network Incidents for one or more technologies within the technical area of expertise. Frequently collaborate with vendor/contractor partners to develop and implement detailed design, configuration and engineering strategies/solutions to resolve issues/Incidents while remaining focused on security, up-time and performance. Provide troubleshooting and resolution to routine/semi-complex Problems and perform Service Requests.
- Through automatic systems or manual checks, detect and validate real or potential impacts to the customer and initiate the proper Ameriprise Service Management process.
- Monitor IPT utilization and health through the use of monitoring tools and access to devices for IPT.
- Assist in the design and implementation of proactive monitoring capability.
- Manage Event monitoring systems to accurately reflect events and corresponding Incident tickets.
- Perform second line, of support, specifically for voice, carrier and IPT service of the in-scope technology, for incidents following Ameriprise service management processes.
- Advanced troubleshooting and analysis for In-Scope Technology.
- Provide technical escalation point for Tier 1 engineer engagements.
- Initiate and coordinate collaborative troubleshooting sessions.
- Escalate to higher level expertise within Ameriprise or product manufacturer (e.g. Cisco TAC).
- Troubleshoot and work with the requestor and other teams.
- Utilize application based performance capture tools for analysis and troubleshooting.
- Pull and analyze device and server logs in an effort to triage an Incident.
- Determine Root Cause (RCA) for business impacting Incidents.
- Create Change plans needed to perform tasks needed for Lifecycle Management.
- Work closely with Ameriprise teams during project implementation to provide effective Operational Readiness.
- Identify process improvements, standards and best practices.
- Creation of technical documentation and update Knowledge Management based on new technology or new learning from old technology.
- Own individual ticket assignments in Service Now assignment groups for the In-Scope Technology.
- Develop and use relationships with technology and business partner individuals to enhance effectiveness in support the network on their behalf.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field; or equivalent work experience
- 5-7 years of experience
- Skills focused deeply into specific Capabilities
- Strong knowledge and experience relative to products in-scope
- Strong knowledge of Lifecycle Management
- Strong oral and written communication skills to support documentation development and explanation to non-technical resources
- Understanding of the business being supported
- CCNP (w/ appropriate specialty) Certification or equivalent experience
- Vendor product training certifications
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
It is the policy of CompuCom Systems, Inc. to provide equal employment for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, age, marital status, domestic partner status, veteran status, disability status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. All employment decisions including recruitment, placement, transfer, promotion, training, compensation and termination will be made without regard to these factors.