ASML is the world's leading provider of lithography systems for the semiconductor industry. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced systems to help our customers - the major chipmakers - reduce the size, and increase the functionality of microchips. Ever since their invention, microchips have become smaller, faster, and more powerful with every year that passes.
For the past 25 years ASML has been at the center of many of the technological breakthroughs that have made this ground breaking evolution possible. We've achieved these breakthroughs because we have recruited some of the world's most creative and dynamic minds in physics, electronics, mechatronics, software, precision engineering, and many other disciplines. And each year we search for more – to keep us ahead.
• Global company founded in 1984 and headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands
• Publicly traded on both Euronext Amsterdam and NASDAQ stock exchanges under "ASML"
• Approximately 10,000 employees
• Offices in 16 countries around in the US, Asia and Europe
• Customers include: Intel, Samsung, Texas Instruments, TSMC
• 2011 Financials: Net sales of € 5,651 million, Net income of € 1,467M, 222 systems sold
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Electronics, Components, and Semiconductor Mfg
- Job Type:
- Years of Experience:
2+ to 5 Years
- Education Level:
- Career Level:
- Job Category:
Sr. Development Engineer/R&D
Brion Technologies is a division of ASML and an industry leader in computational lithography for integrated circuits. Brion’s Tachyon™ platform enables capabilities that address chip design, photomask making and wafer printing for semiconductor manufacturing. Brion’s LithoTuner™ platform enables lithography optimization for ASML’s leading photo lithography tools, known as ‘scanners’.
ASML is a leading provider of lithography systems for the semiconductor industry, manufacturing complex machines that are critical to the production of integrated circuits or chips.
At Brion, we are proud of bringing together the brightest minds all over the world to tackle the most challenging problems in making faster and smaller chips. As part of our team, you will have the opportunity to go beyond yourself in developing more advanced techniques and push the technology boundaries.
In the software research and development (R&D) team, you will be a key member to develop high quality software and contribute to all phases of the development process from designing to release. You must be responsible for independently developing and testing the algorithms and turn general requirement definitions into functioning modules. A good candidate should exhibit strategic thinking, be self-motivated and collaborative with team members.
Ph.D. or M.S. in computer science, electric engineering, physics, applied mathematics, or related areas.
- 3+ year experience in C++ and/or other object-oriented software development.
- Solid understanding in data structures and algorithms.
- Experience in developing and debugging multi-threaded/parallel applications.
- Familiar with SQL, UNIX environment and scripting languages.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in image processing, computational geometry, large data application, high performance computing and scientific simulation is a good plus.
- Knowledge in semiconductor lithography and IC design is a good plus.