BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company)
The Sr. Director of Global Business & Technical Services is responsible for creating, developing and implementing the global Cell Analysis strategic vision with respect to WW Services business. This individual will lead a team to ensure that the Global Service Organization is an integral part of Cell Analysis’ overall strategic vision. The Global Service organization is a positive differentiating factor in its customers’ decisions to purchase Cell Analysis products or adopting our solutions proposals and critical source of revenue for the business. This position provides strong matrix leadership to the regional service leaders throughout the globe. This position has direct oversight responsibility for the US Services organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the Development of the Global Service Business vision, mission, strategies and financial and non-financial objectives to ensure that BD Cell Analysis Service Business is positioned as a value added and differentiating factor in our customers’ purchasing decisions. Integrates the services Value propositions with the Clinical and Research Solutions.
- Responsible for leading the development of best in class services standards and appropriate services support infrastructures throughout the globe.
- Drives continuous improvement to drive efficiency and enhance the customer experience.
- Looks to expand the service revenue through increased customer engagement, new service innovation, marketing and sales.
- Establishes and leads a Global Service Business team focused on providing superior technical customer services.
- Oversees the alignment of Global Service business functions as appropriate in order to promote best practices, optimize efficiencies and deliver consistent customer focused solutions and experience worldwide customized with the regional requirements.
- Leads Global Service Leaders in the development and execution of strategies and objectives that are aligned with overall Global Service Business goals and objectives.
- Works with Regional Service Business leaders to develop and control worldwide/Regional Service Business budgets. Oversees the coordinated development of Regional Service capital and expense budgets. Reports Service expenses and headcount, as appropriate.
- In partnership with Human Resources, oversees the development of Service incentive plans for Global and Regional Service Business teams.
- Keeps abreast of global regulations affecting own area of supervision/management and complies with those regulations. Initiates changes to global service practices and procedures to support compliance requirements. Communicates the need for compliance to members of own functional area. Brings regulatory compliance questions/issues to the attention of the next level of management.
- Ensures Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S) training through facilitating the development and implementation of safety awareness programs. Implements scheduled departmental safety inspections and ensures corrective action for identified hazards. Ensures EH&S policies and procedures are followed through education and training. Discusses and documents pertinent EH&S topics at staff meetings. Participates in EH&S programs.
- Oversees Human Resource management responsibilities for Global Services such as hires, job assignments, termination recommendations, transfers, promotions, salary actions and processes performance reviews on time.
- Exercises responsibility for Associate training, development, and motivating Service Associates.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
Knowledge and Skills
- Working knowledge of life sciences space, especially pertaining to customer expectations for technical service and global support.
- Demonstrates “customer centricity” by combining first-hand customer experiences with deep, fact-based insights. Anticipates and addresses customer needs as the first priority of the organization. Stays ahead of customer and market trends.
- Champions new ideas to drive growth in the core business and in new opportunity areas. Through constructive challenge, stimulates others to propose breakthrough approaches. Demonstrates ambidexterity-the ability to achieve longer-term innovation while delivering short-term results.
- Thinks globally and acts locally. Not biased towards the priorities of the local team. Understands and works to improve the effectiveness of the matrix-businesses, geographies and functions. Highly collaborative when working both within and beyond the BD organization.
- Achieves competitive advantage by proactively recognizing customer, market and technology trends and developing clear and compelling business strategies. Anticipates and counters competitive threats. Avoids being in a reactive mode versus competitors.
- Understands that BD can achieve growth and expand our relevance by addressing unmet societal needs while creating economic value. Engages external experts and key opinion leaders to develop “domain expertise” in areas where BD’s core competencies can be aligned to achieve shared value creation.
- Advances long-term growth while consistently meeting or exceeding near-term business expectations. Leads operational initiatives by ensuring strong teamwork and process effectiveness. Understanding the need to drive growth and operating efficiency simultaneously.
- Attracts, develops and retains a diverse team that reflects the marketplace, customers, communities and talent pool. Creates and sustains and inclusive culture where diverse ideas, backgrounds, and experiences and perspectives are valued. Sustains an environment where constructive challenge, diverse perspectives and debate are encouraged.
- Establishes an “A” team of highly talented, motivated and capable associates who advance the leadership bench strength of the Company. Considers talent development to be the most important factor determining the long-term success of the Company.
- Highly effective financial management, organization and planning skills
- Highly effective presentation and meeting management skills.
Education and Experience:
- Requires a BA/BS and ten years of successful management experience in the medical device service industry or equivalent combination of related education and experience.
- MBA is preferred.
- Must be willing to travel to global service locations and to customer sites up to 50% of the time.
To be considered for this position, please apply. Thank you.
BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) is a global medical technology company that is focused on improving drug delivery, enhancing the diagnosis of infectious diseases and cancers, and advancing drug discovery. BD develops, manufactures and sells medical supplies, devices, laboratory instruments, antibodies, reagents and diagnostic products through its three segments: BD Medical, BD Diagnostics and BD Biosciences. It serves healthcare institutions, life science researchers, clinical laboratories, the pharmaceutical industry and the general public.