The Clinical & Quality Outcomes product department has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Director to be part of the Star Advantage® leadership team. The Senior Director is responsible for all general management responsibilities for Inovalon’s quality improvement product services and solutions, including P&L, product sales & product marketing, product & business strategy, product design & development, product roadmap definition & implementation, and client product implementations. This position has direct personnel responsibility over directors, managers, and analysts and indirect responsibility over scores of additional human resources spanning numerous Inovalon departments that service and support the Star Advantage® product line.
This position leads complex projects to achieve business objectives, implement and develop updates and product modifications, and leverage extensive cross-functional team processes with broad impact on the business.
The Senior Director will develop presentations and deliverables for a wide range of audiences, from health plans and executive leadership, to board of directors and clinical and industry stakeholders. Travel is required for this position.
- Manage product line revenue and EBITDA per plan, client deliverables per contract and product development strategy & implementation per product roadmap;
- Partner with product and sales & marketing senior executives to define product go-to-market strategies, business development approaches and product marketing strategy/plan;
- Deliver new client sales presentations, approve/develop product marketing materials, oversee Company requests for proposals responses and represent Company at industry conferences through delivering industry-leading presentations;
- Present product strategy and recurring performance updates to internal executive leadership team, including Chief Executive Officer;
- Lead new client contract and business partnership negotiations;
- Oversee multiple concurrent client implementations, while coordinating and prioritizing competing priorities;
- Lead and conduct product business review presentations and discussions in support of product value realization;
- Partner with Inovalon operational executive leadership to implement the product intervention strategy in an value-effective and cost-efficient manner;
- Coordinate and complete the product development roadmap inclusive of Data Integration, Predictive Analytics, Root Cause Analysis, Gap Resolution and Closure, Intervention Management and Business Intelligence activities;
- Implement an integrated multi-disciplinary approach to ongoing monitoring, oversight and evaluation of the Star Advantage product;
- Monitor and evaluate product related project management staff performance;
- Oversee modification and updates to standard operating procedures and processes to continually improve Star Advantage product services/operations;
- Develop systems for tight coordination of product related functions with departments whose activities are a complementary to the product;
- Own project plans, resource projections and deployment, budgets and performance against targeted implementation timeframes, and expenditures; and
- Oversee modifications and updates to standard operating procedures and processes, and drive expansion into additional quality rating markets such as state Medicaid and commercial (HIX, HIE etc.
- BA/BS or Degree in Healthcare related field (preferred) or equivalent experience;
- 8+ years of quality measurement/reporting or quality improvement experience (preferred) and excellent knowledge of Medicare, state Medicaid, and proposed HIX quality rating systems and standards;
- 8+ years managing a product line, department, and/or serving as a general manager with P&L responsibilities;
- Excellent general management, technical and analytical skills and the ability to understand the Company’s products and process;
- Work under minimal supervision on complex projects that may require time sensitive deadlines or deliverables;
- Computer literate and detail oriented;
- Professionally skilled in personal presentation, verbal, and written communication; and
- Meticulous organizational and people development skills.
Inovalon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Inovalon complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.