NELSON and Brinjac Engineering are pleased to announce that we have joined forces to benefit clients and create new opportunities for growth. Brinjac Engineering, A NELSON Company, will function as the firm’s engineering division with services provided under the Brinjac brand.
While NELSON has offered mechanical, electrical and plumbing engineering services for many years, the acquisition of Brinjac will expand those services to include fire protection, building code consultation, lighting design, telecommunications, security, technology distribution, commissioning, structural, civil/site and environmental engineering.
We are always looking for people committed to providing exceptional engineering services and delivering innovative solutions. We are comprised of the industry’s most seasoned and talented engineers and their commitment to outstanding quality drives their passion. If you are looking for a growing, highly professional work environment and enjoy working with creative minds, this is the place for you. For more information, please visit www.brinjac.com and www.nelsononline.com.
We are currently seeking a Sr. Electrical Engineer to work in our Dallas, TX office. The Sr. Electrical Engineer will manage all aspects of the local Electrical Engineering Studio and will be responsible for coordinating scheduling, budgeting, staffing, and reporting activities of the electrical group.
- Function as the primary point of interface with both internal and external clients and throughout all project phases including proposal creation and approval, scheduling, budgeting, invoice review and approval and other management functions
- Coordinate, gather, and synthesize the requirements regarding staffing.
- Maintain responsibility for project profitability by ensuring adherence to the schedule and fee budget.
- Communicate and administer the “Best Practices” and quality expectations to the team
- Establish group goals and objectives including, but not limited to, schedule and budget parameters.
- Monitor and manage all communication between the project teams and the clients, consultants, contractors and vendors
- Develop the project work-plans and activity schedules.
- Monitor the team’s performance against the work-plans and project schedules.
- Schedule and attend scheduling meetings, project status meetings, and presentations as required
- Provide design guidance, mentoring and support to junior staff.
- Interact with other Regional Directors to determine scheduling and staffing needs.
- Review the construction documents and specifications to ensure that the design quality is maintained
- Validate that the design and construction documents are developed in a manner consistent with the company’s standards and industry practice
- Communicate clearly that the client is the primary priority and encourage all team members to conduct themselves in accordance with that priority
- May be asked to serve as a company representative during trade or industry conferences
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering and minimum of 8 years’ experience in Engineering profession or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Professional Engineer (PE) License required. NCEES preferred
- Working knowledge of MS Office Applications, AutoCAD, and project management software. Revit software experience a plus.
- Experience with power, security, controls, lighting protection/grounding, stand-by power (generator plant w/ rectifiers), communication systems (voice/data), UPS, ATS (Automatic Transfer Switch), STS (Static Transfer Switch), paralleling gear, DC power, and high voltage distribution.
We offer competitive wages based on skills and experience, excellent benefits package including; Paid Time Off, medical, dental, 401K, pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts, and more. NELSON is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you have read this and feel this may be the career opportunity for you, please apply by clicking the link below. Due to the large volume of candidates, only qualified applicants will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.