For the seasoned IT professional that is looking to step outside the typical brick and mortar and move into a dynamic, progressive and stable company, our Senior IT Business Analyst role is the ideal opportunity. You will plan, define, design, coordinate, manage, and contribute to the definition of Enterprise-level products through jointly owning the IT product roadmap definition, project requirements, application functionality, stakeholder management, and user testing.
Come to work for a market leader that delivers a suite of financial products for audit, discovery and data management processes. This is your chance to expand your skills and knowledge base at an accelerated rate as you will join a motivated team that makes things happen. Bring your strong process flow, communication, analytic and collaboration skills to our team. If you share our commitment to high internal customer satisfaction and application quality you’ll fit right in! Keep reading below to learn what we value and want to see from you, then apply today!
Performant Financial Corporation is a provider of technology workflow management solutions for various government, healthcare and financial services markets. We focus on audit and recovery services through our proprietary technology platform, combined with robust data analytics and experience gathered through decades of proven processes. Our base technology, workflow management processes and data management are flexible and extensible, as proven by our ability to service complex and competitive markets.
Performant is committed to:
- Accurate auditing of payment streams
- Efficient recovery of past due receivables
- Intelligent management of financial assets We provide services in highly regulated arenas in the public and private sector and we are committed to work in compliance with the laws and regulations that govern the industries we serve.
Why you’ll want to join
You want to make a difference. You want to be known as the person who not only understands the business needs, but also the one who knows how to interpret that into workflow, application functionality needs. You have a passion for understanding client requirements, helping them understand technical design and constraints, while championing their needs in development of the product planning. You are looking for an opportunity in a start-up similar culture, with the backing of a public and profitable company with a history of growth.
What You'll Do
As a Business Analyst working in our San Francisco, CA office:
- You will work closely with the product manager and the rest of the product team to create sensational products
- You will gather requirements: business, functional, technical, system, etc.
- You will document, present information, and lead discussions related to process flows, high-level business requirements, detailed functional requirements, use cases, data flows, UI mock-ups, and user test scripts for the product team
- You will work with business partners to develop technological concepts and requirements for new initiatives
- You will troubleshoot and understands application functionality from a user perspective
- You will act as subject matter expert for corresponding business unit(s) and how technology enables the business
- You will understand how requirements impact application design and end-user functionality
- You will assist in maintaining a pipeline of features in conjunction with contributing to project scope definition, including defects and enhancements
- You will contribute with project team to help rationalize, plan, scope, and schedule future projects
- You will contribute to ITSC (Information Technology Steering Committee) meetings for Program roadmap and strategy
- You will complete and assist with Program status reports and project presentations
- You will collaborate with team members with assigned tasks and also be self-sufficient to be able to manage your own project tasks on a daily basis
- You will work closely with all IT roles including governance, project management, architecture, development, infrastructure and IT security teams to complete project activities
- You will ensure that performance and quality requirements are met
- You will review test plans from the quality assurance team
- You willingly take on what’s needed to help the team and the company meet objectives
- You will travel to our other office locations for stakeholder meetings or working sessions, about one week every several weeks
Required Skills and Knowledge
- You are savvy in various applications such MS Office and Visio; off-the shelf and proprietary software applications
- You are comfortable working and collaborating on requirements, prototypes, and design concepts with the team
- You have experience with project life-cycle, agile software development methodologies, program management style management and matrixed reporting, and project management tools.
- You are comfortable with application design, data management, enterprise architecture, and user-centered design principles
- You have the ability to work on projects with a professional attitude and exceptional organizational skills under pressure
- You have demonstrated experience analyzing business processes implications for requirements on projects
- You have demonstrated experience analyzing business needs and requirements for various types of software projects
- You have experience with industry standard requirements gathering, documentation, management, and validation methodologies
- You have experience creating project artifacts to facilitate the business analysis process
- You are accountable to task ownership, meeting deadlines and operating maturity with minimal supervision
- You have a unique blend of business and technical savvy
- You build strong relationships and enjoy of spending time with the internal clients to understand their business problems, and developing solutions.
- You have highly effective communication skills, and can easily communicate technical information to non-technical business users
- You can define and manage complex process and/or product issues of a broad scope using independent judgment
- You are an analytic and a critical thinker that thrives on solving complex problems
- You have (and use) excellent judgment and a keen attention to detail
How you work
- You don’t stop at good enough, but strive for excellence
- A zero pressure, 8-5 job makes you yawn
- You are excited about what you are building and contributing to, not watching the clock
- You embrace change and adaptability is second nature
- The company and client’s success is instinctual
- You want to be part of a work family that works hard, but has fun and enjoys the journey
- Your positive “can do” attitude is contagious and professionalism a given
- You know that respect for people, diversity and the business is essential
To apply for this position or refer someone you know, please use our online interview system managed by Accolo. Apply for this job
Once you have completed the online interview, your information will be forwarded to the hiring authority for decisions on next steps.
- Related Keywords:
- BA, business analyst, visio, requirements, technical requirements, functional requirements, use cases, product road map, process flow