Get new similar jobs by email for
Sr. Manager, Scientific Public...
Clinical Blend, LLC
~~Sr. Manager, Scientific Publications – Gaithersburg, MD
The Senior Manager, Scientific Publications will play the role of a Publications Lead within the company and is accountable for all aspects of planning, development and execution of publications across several early-development programs within the Therapeutic Area in compliance with internal policies and external guidelines.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Key responsibilities across product development teams include shaping scientific messages, congress planning, journal submissions and driving flawless execution of all publication plans across several early-development plans within the Therapeutic Area
• Accountable for all operational aspects of delivery including timely execution, vendor management, managing budgets and payments, overseeing publication sign-off process, metrics and reporting.
• Strong scientific acumen and technical writing skills for writing or editing abstracts, posters or slide-presentation for critical and time-sensitive publications in the absence of vendor support.
• Exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills with proven ability to manage diverse views across stakeholders towards a successful finish line.
• Strong project management skills to lead a cross-functional team of clinicians, team leaders, external and internal authors and vendors to develop and execute on fit for purpose publication plans.
• Accountable for all aspects of vendor management including performance, quality, timely delivery, budget and on-time payments.
Education & Experience
• Advanced degree in a biomedical discipline with proven scientific and/or publications expertise;
• Extensive experience in medical communications/publications in pharmaceutical/biotech industry, medical communication agency or CRO with strong passion for science
• Strong track record in publications project and vendor management
• Comprehensive knowledge of clinical and pharmaceutical drug development process
• Knowledge/Understanding of GPP, ICMJE, AMA, and other publication standards.
• Previous experience writing and editing peer-reviewed clinical publications (manuscripts, abstracts, posters, oral presentations, review articles, etc.)
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required; working knowledge of electronic publication system strongly preferred.