Get new similar jobs by email for
Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer
Systima Technologies is hiring a Mechanical Design Engineer to provide design engineering support in our fast-paced and intense work environment. We develop mechanical, pyrotechnic and electronic systems for the US Military and their prime contractors. Some of our products include weapon carriage and release systems, pyrotechnic actuators, missile nose cone and stage separation systems, deployment systems of various kinds, inflation systems, and rocket propulsion components. Our engineering teams take pride in quickly developing highly engineered products against technically challenging specifications.
This position is mid-to-senior level engineering position involved in all aspects of mechanical design from concept, development, validation and detailed design requiring a fair amount of autonomy and hands-on activity. Candidate MUST have defense or aerospace mechanical design experience and be highly proficient in SolidWorks as this position will require the candidate to hit the ground running from day one.
Systima Technologies (www.systima.com) is an industry leader in the aerospace, defense, and commercial industries advancing state of the art technologies through innovation in engineering, research, and development. Our engineering focus ranges from concept development to production of mature, fielded systems. We take pride in providing rapid end-to-end engineering support to our customers.
Job Roles and Tasks
· Support product development in all aspects of design from concept to tactical hardware.
· Strong emphasis on quick-turn concept design with CAD models.
· Support proposal and presentation efforts through CAD models and illustrations.
· Create drawing packages for hardware ranging from prototypes to final design packages.
· Generate Bill of Materials for Assemblies.
· Additional tasks will include supporting prototyping, hardware assembly, development testing and product qualification.
· Will be required to perform comprehensive tolerance stack-up analyses.
· Will be responsible for assuring complete drafting packages of designs.
· Will oversee initial prototype assembly and test/design validation.
Education and experience
· B.S. or M.S. Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
· 7 years (minimum) mechanical design and engineering experience with 5 years (minimum) in aerospace or defense
· 4,000+ hours recent SolidWorks experience in mechanical design.
Skills and abilities
· Demonstrated proficiency in mechanical design and engineering
· Strong understanding of drawing conventions including geometric tolerances.
· Strong understanding of material properties including high performance steels, stainless, aluminum, plastics, and composites.
· Strong mathematical skills.
· Strong mechanical aptitude as well as creativity in solving problems
· Basic understanding of electronics and electrical wiring diagrams.
· Ability to keep track of the global goals and “see the big picture” while focusing on the details.
· Self-motivated and able to work on multiple projects. Able to work independently on assignments with minimal oversight or direction.
· Quality-oriented and safety conscious.
· Good communication and customer relations skills
· Must be a U.S. citizen and must meet eligibility requirements for a security clearance.
Systima is looking for highly skilled and energetic engineers to work in our fast-paced and technically challenging environment.