IMI Agency for Marriott International
Sr.Mgr., Bar and Restaurant BeverageExcellence(Americas)
Sr.Mgr., Bar & Restaurant ExcellenceDevelopment
IMI Agency for Marriott International
Continent Lodging Services
Direct Report to:
Dir.Restaurant & Bar Development - Americas
$100,000 - $120,000
The Senior Manager, Bar and Restaurant Excellence is a key member of IMI Agency and exclusively servicing the Americas Continent Lodging Service team. This position contributes a high level of specialized knowledge and skill in Food & Beverage to support beverage operational excellence, bar activation, technical training and consult on Bar & Restaurant renovations. This position will support the Director of Restaurant and Bar Development, CLS OPS stakeholders, GOS F&B members, and property leadership. The primary focus is to provide operational beverage leadership in “on-strategy” Bars and Restaurants that meet all certification requirements including but not limited to signature hand-crafted fresh-juice cocktails, technical skills training, merchandising and expertly printed menus to showcase partner products. Further, this resourceconsults on the processes, analysis, development, training, operations and design / layout of bars during the renovation cycle to ensure maximum functionality and operational efficiencies for beverage service.
- Provide consultation & support to Food & Beverage with a focus on Bar and Restaurant operations ensuring organizational alignment to the brand, discipline, and business priorities.
- Provide focused beverage expertise to ensure efficiency and functionality of bar designs and operations that highlight approved programs and merchandizecorporately approved premium products, while recognizing brand strategy and market relevance.
- Responsible for beverage menu writing and ensure menu development accurately delivers on beverage partner program expectations.
- Actively collaborates with GOS, Area Directors, and Property Stakeholders to pull beverage concepts through to fruition.
- Is a business partner to the hotel stakeholders providing technical and business expertise to assist properties in achieving optimum performance in their beverage programs that supports balanced scorecard goals.
- Ensure a process is followed for a cadence of accountability during the life cycle of a beverage activation project.
- Assist CLS F&B with initiatives, training, property visits, and ad hoc requests as appropriate that support the beverage sales and training
- Maintains clear communication with GOS F&B, A&C and Americas CLS team to ensure brand pillars are threaded through beverage activations projects.
- Ensures consistency in messages (written, visual, audio) that are generated by the project and ensure that those messages support the overall Marriott Lodging strategic plan.
- Acts as a beverage expert and consulting liaison and resource for owners, General Managers and the A&C, participating in beverage activation project kick-offs and milestone meetings as required.
- Maintains strong and professional working relationship with brand, CLS and other GOS teams.
- Approximately 70% travel required.
CANDIDATE PROFILE - KEY TALENTS AND EXPERIENCE DESIRED
- Four plus (4+)years of experienceas aFood & Beverage operations leader managing a culturally diverse workforce.
- Experience in reading and interpreting blue prints and floor plans for bars.
- Has successfully experienced roles where he/she has reported to multiple stakeholders.
- Deep knowledge of beverage products (beer, wine and spirits), high skills as mixologists
- Ability to create balanced beverage menus that drive revenue and profit, appeal to target guest and can be consistently executed
- Can create and implement marketing solutions, internally and externally that support brand initiatives and attract guests
- Strong presentation and training skills, as well as the ability to create and deliver training materials
- Must have strong knowledge and expertisewith all aspects of beverage. Recognizes superior quality products, presentations, and flavor profiles.
- Progressively responsible work experience in Food & Beverage/Hotels leading the Restaurant & Bar Operations.
- Possess excellent project management and change management skills.
- Ability to independently manage multiple projects and competing priorities.
- Track record of putting in place strong systems and processes to effectively implement and execute multiple programs
- Must be a self-starter who can work independently and be a strong team player that contributes to the effectiveness of the broader MI team, with understanding of the long-term strategies.
- Proven success prioritizing and managing multiple projects and reporting out to multiple stakeholders simultaneously.
- Possess strong oral, written and presentation communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills; able to collaborate effectively with Executive Committee Members, Regional Team Members,and Key Stakeholders. Ability to positively influences without direct authority.
- Ability to manage in a culturally diverse work environment and is a champion for diversity effectiveness in the organization.
- Preference of extensive restaurant and bar experience to include seven years progressively responsible work experience (including management experience).
- Experience designing and implementing creative aspects of food and beverage related projects.
- Strong operational experience with the ability to translate to broader platforms.
- Ability to analyze and react to creative trends across multiple hospitality disciplines.
- Proven capabilities in post-project analysis and follow-up.
Education and Professional Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in hotel management, culinary arts, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable skills and knowledge can be acquired.
Certifications as sommelier or cicerone certification a plus