Enter your email address below to receive jobs like this sent to your email.
American International Group
American International Group
Fort Worth, TX
Job Reference Code
Sr. Middleware Engineer
About the Job
Senior Middleware Engineer performs Tier 3 engineering functions in the Tools/Middleware environment. Work includes new software tool version certifications, installation automation, and installation of third party software. Responsibilities also include working with other AIGGS groups, performance troubleshooting, coordination of activities with customers, working with vendors and resource management of tools and Middleware environments. Weekend and night coverage required when needed.
Related responsibilities typically include the following:
• Configure and implement new and existing operating systems and applications software. • Research new products and technologies to improve system performance. • Work with vendors to develop/maintain current standards of performance or troubleshoot issues. • Ensure adherence to procedures and processes for hardware, software, and applications. • Interact with multiple business units in deployment of new hardware. • Develop, modify, maintain, improve, and troubleshoot existing systems. • Perform hardware and software recovery. • Perform operational turnover on all system templates. • Create Run Books on new technologies and updated versions. • Certify new tools and middleware technologies in lab environment • Work with business clients to evaluate, streamline, and improve current systems, processes, and workflow. • Develop business case documentation. • Develop purchase requests and supporting documentation. • Work with vendors and business support teams to install new systems. • Analyze and resolve operating systems and applications issues on various systems. • Develop troubleshooting tools to allow Systems Administrators to support products when they are put into production. • Generate and maintain reports and documentation. • Research and evaluate new technologies, products, and services, and recommend acquisitions and modifications as they relate to client application needs. • Review system performance measurement tools and prepare exception reports for management review.
Perform other related duties as assigned or required.
3+ years Designing and engineering solutions for CA Siteminder.
2+ years Middleware Engineering and implementation experience (Websphere, TomCat, Apache, IIS, .Net) in a medium to large telecom and/or open systems environment performing installation, configuration, and troubleshooting duties.
-3+ years of BMC Blade logic Server Automation Admin experience preferred
- 2+ years of experience in AIX administration and virtualization/HA knowledge.
-2+ years SuSE / RedHat 5.5/6 Linux experience is a strong plus
-2+ years of VERITAS Volume manager/File system administration
- 2+ years designing and optimizing software/server automation
- VMWARE ESX server experience is a strong plus
- Experience in software upgrades and patch process
- Ability to develop automation process using UNIX and Windows shell/batch scripting languages preferred
- Should have strong troubleshooting skills and be able to work independently
- Ability to work with EMC and Hitachi storage and familiar with SAN and Vfiler technology and architectures
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals: TCP/IP, file transfer and secure file transfer protocols, IIS,
- Familiar with most aspects of systems/software administration, such as: system installation and configuration, security levels and permissions, installation of third-party software, backup systems, etc.
- Familiar knowledge of: UNIX/Linux/AIX; Windows, and VMWARE based operating system; inter-process communication, devices and drives, file system concepts
- Familiarity with fundamental networking/distributed computing environment concepts; basic routing concepts
- Dell hardware knowledge is a plus
- Interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Process Oriented
- Ability to write purchase justifications
- Training and presentation skills
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading international insurance organization serving customers in more than 130 countries and jurisdictions. AIG companies serve commercial, institutional, and individual customers through one of the most extensive worldwide property-casualty networks of any insurer. In addition, AIG companies are leading providers of life insurance and retirement services in the United States.
AIG Property Casualty is a global market leader, one of the few truly global property casualty franchises.
AIG Life and Retirement is one of the largest life insurance organizations in the U.S., and provides protection, investment and income solutions needed for financial and retirement security.
United Guaranty Corporation is the marketplace leader in mortgage insurance in the U.S.