Unispec is looking for a senior level programmer to support a federal client program at NTIS Office of Business Support team to include collaboration and support of other teams in the Office of the Chief Information Office as well as other offices within NTIS.
This .NET programmer must be able to work independently, possess the ability to prioritize work load, provide guidance and support to other programmers, and share results of assigned projects with team members and management. This person may be required to participate in technical research and evaluation of new, alternative, or more cost-effective solutions for new and existing systems to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure.
The programming support will include developing, maintaining, and enhancing NTIS’ new and existing web-based systems as well as provide programming support in the development of new applications in compliance with Section 508 requirements.
This .NET professional will code, modify, test, debug, install, and implement modules/applications to meet current and future requirements as well as supporting the maintenance of existing software applications.
1) Conduct technical requirements identification/collection, including interviewing users of the applications being developed, creating use-cases describing the system from the user’s perspective, and identifying functional components;
2) Present options for solutions to satisfy technical requirements for the application being developed;
3) Develop NTIS approved solutions in the .NET environment using Visual Studio, Visual Basic, SQL Server, web services, etc.;
4) Design, develop and deploy NTIS approved mobile applications;
5) Conceptualize and create industry standard overall application architecture and design (presentation, business logic, and database tiers/layers, data replication strategies, and network connectivity);
6) Identify, apply, and advise the client on industry design standards and development principles applicable to the application being developed;
7) Document technical activities in: requirements, design, and implementation specifications; test plans and test procedures, quality assurance plans; configuration management plans; user documentation; and other specifications defined by client; and
8) Work in a production environment, an environment which is available to the customer and must be handled with utmost care, with system administrators, web administrators, webmasters, web designers, database administrators, security advisors, customers, etc.
Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field preferred
Two+ years .NET (VB/ASP) programming experience required
Experience utilizing SQL Server 2005/2008
Experience with Classic ASP and ASP.Net
Knowledge of VSS Source Control and Microsoft Team Foundation considered a plus.
Unispec (http://www.unispec1.com) is a Federal Government IT consulting and outsourcing firm with its headquarters in metropolitan Washington, D.C.
Unispec employs over 150 full time consultants, engineers, and support personnel in the areas of enterprise architecture, data and operations center support, and management consulting. We continually deliver premier services for high profile customers and agencies such as NASA, FAA, Federal Reserve, Treasury, Jet Propulsion Laboratories, Commerce, Justice, and OCC.
Unispec is 8(a) certified with the SBA as a small and small and disadvantaged business. Unispec leverages enterprise knowledge, experienced people and enabling technologies to create lasting value and competitive advantage. Our services, tools and products provide comprehensive solutions for the entire enterprise.
Unispec Enterprises is focused on Enterprise services, which includes IT Infrastructure Services and management consulting of technology. The IT Infrastructure Management business area is focused on the design and implementation of intelligent network management systems and scalable business-driven operational management centers, as well as application design, development, and maintenance. This encompasses the services, systems, and mission-critical network elements in an enterprise's network infrastructure.