Get new similar jobs by email for
Sr. Network Engineer - Informa...
|Employment is contingency to contract being awarded.|
The contractor will provide information security program support for the Farm Service Agency (FSA) Information Security Office (ISO). Work is to be accomplished for the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), Farm Service Agency (FSA), Information Technology Support Division, Information Security Office located in Kansas City, Missouri.
On average, approximately 50,000 access requests are processed and 25,000 inquiries are answered annually. Access requests may involve the creation, modification, and removal of accounts and performing password resets. Inquiries may involve security related troubleshooting, and assistance with security policies. Provide incident response support by capturing the appropriate user information and notifying the ISO Incident Response team that a potential incident has occurred. The contractor shall use current tracking mechanisms (e.g. SharePoint, Access Database, etc.).
Will Provide weekly reporting on the status of access requests and inquiries. The contractor shall use FSA approved automated tools to assist in the reporting process. Also as part of this task, the contractor shall ensure all their desk procedures are up-to-date and reviewed/accepted by the Government at least annually or when process flow changes occur.
• Ensure unresolved trouble tickets remain open, and are updated until either the problem has been successfully resolved or referred to an appropriate Security Officer for resolution. Escalate the unresolved problem to the appropriate entity, or designated Security personnel within 24 hours of non-resolution.
• Plans, designs, evaluates, and selects operating systems and protocol suites.
• Configures communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices.
• Resolves inter-operability problems to obtain optimum operations across all platforms, including email, file transfers, multimedia, teleconferencing, etc.
• Configures systems to user environments. May also function as task/team leader.
|• 8 years of experience in planning, designing, evaluating, configuring, and supporting operating systems, network components and protocol suites.|
• Experience with role-based access controls, ACF2, RACF, AS400, JBOSS, SAP, and Active directory.
• Experience in supporting the acquisition of hardware and software.
• Provide weekly reports that include: unresolved issues, pending security requests and special requests.
|Special Requirements, Certifications and Licensures:|
|• Clearance level required is National Agency Check (Moderate Level). Must be able to submit and pass a background investigation to satisfy the investigative requirements designated as Public Trust positions at the high and moderate risk levels.|
• One or more of the following – MSCE, MCDBA, CompTIA Network +, CompTIA Security +
|• Ability to effectively and efficiently handle multiple tasks simultaneously with precision and adapt to changes in responsibilities and workloads.|
• Possess extensive organizational skills and the ability to work independently.
|To be considered for employment complete the online application at www.glacier-tech.com or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org|