Job Title: Network Engineer
Department: Enterprise Information Technology
- 4+ years of strong, current experience in complex global network environment, including hands-on experience with complex IP routed networks, switching and routing, firewalls and LAN/WAN networking hardware and protocols.
- Working familiarity with a structured plan, design and implementation engineering methodology.
- Understanding of network and application level security parameters necessary to facilitate the design and deployment of secure integrated network solutions with centrally managed passwords, certificates and other software assets.
- 4+ Years Minimum hands on experience Designing, Deploying, and supporting complex network and security systems based on the following products or technologies: Cisco ASA’s, IPS, Cisco ACS, BGP-4, OSPF, EIGRP, SolarWinds.
- Cisco certifications: CCNP or CCDP or higher
- Familiarity in data center construction and implementation (building and testing racks, electrical wiring, HVAC, network cabling, SAN, servers, etc.).
- Experience in applying and maintaining patch levels and security configurations across a global heterogeneous network environment.
- Must have a demonstrated history of supporting 24x7 operations environments with the ability to lead/assist with critical problems or outages.
- Experience with IP telephony, telepresence, video, mobile computing, manufacturing site IT network devices and related equipment a plus.
The Engineer will design, deploy and manage complex network solutions that are highly technical or specialized in nature. The candidate will work with IT staff on network design and implementation projects, and provide a high level of communication to management and project managers.
- Participates in the planning, design, and deployment process or complex Cisco based global networks.
- Prepares and delivers solution related presentations to the IT team and management.
- Ensures timely communication (e.g. status updates, raising issues, etc.) that could affect project deployment time lines, or business impacts.
- Maintain technical expertise in all areas of network infrastructure hardware and software including routers, switches, gateways, wireless and associated LAN/WAN technologies.
- Provide ongoing monitoring of network solutions to measure performance against business SLAs or internally established objectives.
- Assist in the creation of a global IT operational network performance dashboard tools that encompasses drill downs for fast assessment and problem resolution.
- Develop and manage appropriate infrastructure network documentation, including operational and maintenance instructions either directly or through service providers.
- Plan for equipment replacements and upgrades, and works with colleagues at other company sites to ensure consistency and interoperability of systems.
- Verifies correct configuration and installation of systems and components to meet security requirements as defined by the IT security officer and industry best practices.
- Provides off hours support for maintenance and scheduled shutdowns as required.
- Implements strategic plan including seamless integration of new products into the network.
- Addresses problems and issues that have impacts on online services for business units.
- May serve as project lead for the installation, administration and support of network systems and services (routing, switching, firewalls, intrusion detection) in a heterogeneous environment, including a highly available Internet service delivery across multiple data centers and sites.
- Defines, documents and maintains operational standards and procedures related to the network infrastructure.
- Works with third-party vendors in support of the network infrastructure services, driving continuous improvement.
Please call me on 646-535-9141 .
Genisys Software Ltd