BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company)
Sr. Product Manager, Automation & Robotics - Engineering
The global Senior Product Manager for Automation is responsible for influencing the development and drives the execution of the next generation automation system (sample prep) for improving the workflow.
This position will be accountable for developing and executing a strategic marketing plan for the next generation automation system (sample prep). This position works closely with Regional Marketing and key business stakeholders to assure that short and long-term growth objectives for the region and/or WW business are achieved. Global responsibility for product development and regional readiness for product launches. Establishes and maintains a strong competitive position through strategic and tactical identification of marketing opportunities.
- Develops annual marketing plan for next generation automation system (sample prep). Accountable for achievement of expectations.
- Represents Marketing as a viable core team member for next generation automation system (sample prep) Project Teams.
- Responsible for competitive strategy/pricing strategy to achieve market share objectives within relevant profitability bounds for next generation automation system (sample prep).
- Implements and maintains "best practices" in brand marketing and product development marketing.
- Works in collaboration with the Regional Marketing Team to bring new products to market.
- Ensures market information is acquired, competitive activity is monitored, and customer needs are identified.
- Partners with R&D, Regulatory, Operations, Sales and other functional and regional teams to develop new products relevant to growth.
- Provides sales support and training to both the U.S. Field Sales Team and Regional Marketing Team for the next generation automation system (sample prep).
- Partners with Marcom to develop key sales collateral and awareness vehicles to drive demand for the next generation automation system (sample prep).
Required Knowledge and Experience:
- Requires generally a B.A./ B.S. in a related scientific discipline and minimum of five (5) years product and/or market management within Diagnostics, Life Science, Medical Device or a related discipline with a consistent track-record of high performance and results.
- Must be experienced in the following areas:
- Upstream Marketing - Product Development, VOC, Creating Roadmaps
- Downstream Marketing –Market Planning, Promotions, Tactics
- Action oriented with the ability to drive for results.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and implementation skills; proven analytical skills with the ability to translate data into actionable plans;
- Experience in developing detailed marketing plans that deliver on results
- Phase-gate product development experience; product launch experience with track-record of results
- Demonstrates effective communication and interpersonal skills, and can work internationally with diverse cultures
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines in an environment of competing priorities. Proven ability to routinely work on multiple tasks with multiple people while effectively prioritizing.
Job Specific Requirements:
- 20-30% travel (domestic & international)
*To be considered for this position, please apply. Thank you.
BD, a leading global medical technology company that makes and sells medical devices, instrumented systems and reagents, is dedicated to improving people’s health throughout the world. BD is focused on improving drug therapy, enhancing the quality and speed of diagnosing infectious diseases, and advancing research and discovery of new drugs and vaccines. The Company’s capabilities are instrumental in combating many of the world’s most pressing diseases. Founded in 1897 and headquartered in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey, BD employs more than 25,000 people in approximately 50 countries throughout the world. The Company serves healthcare institutions, life science researchers, clinical laboratories, industry and the general public.
BD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer